new here, 30 day shred?

marrieandfive
marrieandfive Posts: 51
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi, I'm Marrie and I just started here yesterday. I'm on day 5 of the 30 day shred and thanks to this website am now also counting calories. I need to lose 16 pounds, 6 that were left over from having twins 22 months ago and 10 that I have gained since September when my husband was injured at work and I started stress eating.

So embarrassed that I have gained back that much weight :(

Anyway, my question is: If any of you are doing the 30 Day Shred, how do you enter it in your work out log on here? I put for yesterday and today "20 minutes of high impact aerobics" but I know that is probably not right.

Thanks for any input!

Replies

• gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Hi marrie, I wear a heart rate monitor and it tells you how many calories you burn. I then enter it under cardio and have created my own exercise under 30 Day Shred on my own page.
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    I've wondered the same thing. I've entered it under 20 minutes of circuit training general. Not sure though...
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Circuit training would certainly be nearer the mark as that includes working with weights, whereas aerobics doesnt.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Hey, sounds like my story. I have 2 year old twin boys and have been struggling with the weight since then. However, I'm now back to a healthy, normal weight after 4+ months of being here on MFP. I'm actually doing a 30 day shred experiment right now (it's in my blog) and am on Day 9 today. When I didn't have a HRM, I logged it as circuit training, it's the closest you'll get to the actual :)
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    I started 30 day shred also, search the internet and got some averages, that is what I use. I know some people have monitors and can get a better estimate of calories burned but here is what I use:

30 day shred level 1 for 20 minutes = 160 calories burned
    30 day shred level 2 for 20 minutes = 190 cals burned
    30 day shred level 3 for 20 minutes = 230 cals burned

I have to admit the first day was a killer, so I am going every other day to change up my routine with the treadmill.
  • Thanks so much for the replies, I didn't even think of circuit training!

Great job fellow mom of twins, that gives me hope!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I started 30 day shred also, search the internet and got some averages, that is what I use. I know some people have monitors and can get a better estimate of calories burned but here is what I use:

30 day shred level 1 for 20 minutes = 160 calories burned
    30 day shred level 2 for 20 minutes = 190 cals burned
    30 day shred level 3 for 20 minutes = 230 cals burned

I have to admit the first day was a killer, so I am going every other day to change up my routine with the treadmill.

When i complete this workout, my HRM tells me it's a total of 27 minutes (everytime) with the warm-up & cool down. Don't forget to add those in, your heartrate is still up while you're cooling down & you're still burning from the workout.
    For the 30 day shred level 1 I burn 278 calories (everyday was the same, or different by 1-2 calories burned)

btw, I'm 5'10 and 157lbs.
  • awesome, thanks SO much. I changed it to CT from aerobics and I burned 30 more calories than I thought and when I added the 7 minutes it was even more!
This discussion has been closed.