Is it ok?

mrsmullins09
mrsmullins09 Posts: 8
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
If is ok to work out everyday of the week? I've been doing a yoga and pilates mixture 3 days and I've started running/elliptical and would like to do that the other 3 days a week. I think I want to reserve a yoga/meditation time for Sundays but I've heard some say that you need to rest your body at least one day a week. What do you think?

Replies

• mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    i dont think there is a problem if 1 of the days are very light. Your body needs a rest day
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I don't see why not. It's okay as long as you're listening to your body and working out accordingly. If your body is telling you no & you're pushing forward anyways, you're risking injuring yourself. If you NEED a rest, take a rest, but if you feel great, then go for it. I've been doing the 30 day shred every single day. I see no problem with it so long as I can physically handle it.
  • That's the thing. I love the way working out makes me feel. I've learned when my body tells me to chill out and that's why I've picked exercises that work well with me, like yoga and pilates. I specifically use a program called Crunch: super slim down. I know the title sounds soooo cheesy but I like the instructor a lot! Plus, I found it free on netflix instant lol.
This discussion has been closed.