Give me strength today!

Options
Today we are celebrating Christmas(yes, in January) with my husband's family. We do this every year and every year I struggle through this day. I am usually trying hard to get back on the healthy path after the holidays and two weeks later, this day comes along and threatens my willpower. Ugh...there is always a bunch of junk and we always have pizza for our dinner. Unfortunately, I am one of those people who could eat pizza for dinner every night, but really the pizza isn't the hardest part. I find myself grazing and not really paying attention. The house is not that big, so I can't even really get out of the room with all the food. Tips anyone?

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Eat something healthy before you go and drink lots of water. I have a hard time with my in-laws as well. just remember that food isn't going to make it better. If you find yourself snacking and saying to yourself, what am I doing? Put the food down and think ok what set that off. Then offer to take out the garbage, or start picking up and keep yourself busy. :)

You'll be fine. Enjoy the pizza and the day.
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Bring a veggie tray or a healthy snack for everyone...that way if you get the urge to graze, you can grab something you won't feel guilty about. Drink a lot of water, and try to eat something good right beforehand so you're not starving when you arrive.

Best of luck!!
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Keep a calorie-free drink in your hand and take a swig whenever you want to graze. You should pick up some of that new dessert gum too, it's really tasty and might ward off the sweet cravings! Eat off a small plate and eat slowly. Allow yourself some of the treats, just get little pieces.

And, what I think is most important: whatever happens today, get up tomorrow, drink a bunch of water, exercise a bit more than usual, and just keep right on truckin!!

I've found an off day now and then doesn't matter half as much as if you get right back on the wagon the next day. This day will not defeat you!!!!

Good luck girl!! :-)
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Keep a calorie-free drink in your hand and take a swig whenever you want to graze. You should pick up some of that new dessert gum too, it's really tasty and might ward off the sweet cravings! Eat off a small plate and eat slowly. Allow yourself some of the treats, just get little pieces.

And, what I think is most important: whatever happens today, get up tomorrow, drink a bunch of water, exercise a bit more than usual, and just keep right on truckin!!

I've found an off day now and then doesn't matter half as much as if you get right back on the wagon the next day. This day will not defeat you!!!!

Good luck girl!! :-)