Different forms of Exercise

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for fun types of exercise that are FREE? For example: Hiking, jump roping, etc. I'm trying to keep myself from falling into the monotonous routine of just walking or jogging...I'm the type of person that needs variety. I'm really focusing on the free aspect of it all. I prefer to exercise outside though since I live on the 2nd floor above grumpy older tenants who tend to complain if there's a lot of noise from us. Anyways, any suggestions are appreciated :)

Thanks!

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get me a hula hoop
  • james3302
    james3302 Posts: 119
    Options
    There's running as you mentioned, even running in different locations with give you different scenery to look at. There's also HIIT where you sprint for a period then job and then sprint. Jumping rope is always good(if you don't trip on the rope like me). Then there's body weight exercises such as burpees, box jumps, pushups, situps and squats. You can make a circuit out of some of these bodyweight exercises and get as much cardio work as running out of it. Oh and don't forget lunges.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Weighted hula hoop, one of those heavy exercise balls, resistance bands, hand weights, yoga mat.
    A fitness channel through your cable/satellite provider
    Swimming
    Bike riding
    Exercise DVDs
    Jogging around your neighborhood
    Dancing
    Calisthenics
    Running up and down your stairs
    Rock climbing

Tell your grumpy neighbors to stuff it. You can't make everyone happy, you have to exercise to make yourself happy and healthy and they can go to hell if they are going to try to make you stop. Sorry to sound mean, but really you aren't moving furniture at 2am, you are exercising during daylight hours.
  • duffylinn
    Options
    Thanks everyone...great ideas!! I'm so ;getting a hula hoop!!!! What a fun, thrifty way to work out :) I'm already jogging, walking and hiking so wanted something else fun! And re: grumpy neighbors... LOL I agree it's normal life situation it's not like I'm partying and being disruptive. :)