Biggest Loser for Wii

overit
overit Posts: 273
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I know this has been asked before but how do you calculate your exercise for games like the Biggest Loser on the Wii? We just completed 47 minutes of intense core with a 7 minute intense warm up and 10 intense cool down. I had a watch on and it was like 1,000 calories. When I put Wii Fit intense it was like 447 calories. I was looking at circuit training general and that is around 900 (i believe). Thanks.

Replies

• Melly301
    Melly301 Posts: 3 Member
    I have the same game and was also wondering how to calculate. Hopefully someone else will have some ideas. (:
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Its gonna be based on your heart rate during the duration of the workout. I'm gonna estimate you're burning about 80-90 calories per every ten minutes as long as you're sweating. The 447 calorie number sounds about right :o)
  • tltincher
    tltincher Posts: 107 Member
    When all else fails...you have no comparable exercise to use and you don't have a HRM, I read in a book that a person burns 4 calories per minute for light exercise, 7 per minute for moderate, and 10 per minute for intense. Hope this helps :smile:
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    I did not even know they had a game, is it worth buying?
  • overit
    Thanks. I do have a HRM watch but it doesn't have a chest band so i question the accuracy. I should have spent the extra money and bought the chest band. But my HR would range from 135 to 167. I tried to read my pulse as often as I could but when you have the controller in your hand it can be difficult. I guess what really matters is it was an awesome workout and I was dripping with sweat. Thanks again!
  • overit
    Thanks. I do have a HRM watch but it doesn't have a chest band so i question the accuracy. I should have spent the extra money and bought the chest band. But my HR would range from 135 to 167. I tried to read my pulse as often as I could but when you have the controller in your hand it can be difficult. I guess what really matters is it was an awesome workout and I was dripping with sweat. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.