Party Panic...

JuliaSays
JuliaSays Posts: 4 Member
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Tonight my family is throwing this huge party with friends and movies..it seems great.
However every person coming is bringing delicious and unhealthy food. So bascially the entire night
I will be surrounded by candy, popcorn, soda, and foods that would set me back a week...
Any tips, hints or help?

Thanks!
Julia

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    I'd eat so much healthy food before I went to the party that I was pretty much stuffed and thinking of eating more food would put me over the edge.

Eat apples - they seem to sit in your stomach for quite a while and makey ou feel really full.
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Have some healthy snacks with you, ie, fresh popped popcorn with no toppings, fruit salad, etc! :D
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    bring your own pre cut slices of fruits and veggies ..and bottled water ..and only have one of the special treats your friend is making..
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    If you are like me and can avoid some things but if your "favorite snack" will be there and you know you can't eat it. Start running the stats in your head. ex. this slice of cake is 400 cal, 24 grams of sugar, that would put me an extra hour walking on top of what I need to burn for the rest of my meal today. It will also help give me a muffin top over my pair of jeans that fit perfectly. no thanks, where is my apple . :)))) HA HA it works.

But bringing your own snacks help too.
This discussion has been closed.