Listening to my body but what is it saying?

Options
It has been a couple of weeks of hovering around 161 pounds, give or take 0.5 pounds. Debating if it is my body's way of telling me that it is time to adjust the rate of weight loss again. Currently at 1 pound a week.

I am 5'8", and only 10-11 pounds from my goal weight, already at a healthy BMI, so think it might be a reasonable thing to do. It is that, or find a way to up my workouts when I am stuck in a small two room shack for work! LOL I live in Alberta, Canada and currently it is -25 C (about -10 F) before wind is taken into account. It has really been limiting my outside options.

I always eat close to my target or just over, and days that I exercise I eat about half or less of my exercise calories, depending on if I am hungry or not.

Replies

• marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    lucky, I wish I could be you!!!
  • amlayne
    Options
    Ive heard that the last 10-15 lbs is the hardest to loose. It may be your body saying stop or you just may be at a standstill. What may work is if you change what you are eating and what type of workout you are doing. For example if you are running it may be good to do Yoga. Or eat chicken instead of fish. A trainer once told me we have to trick our bodies. And our bodies get "immune" sometimes to the same routine especially if youve lost weight already. I hope that helps! Good Luck!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

Short answer: it would be a good idea to switch to .5 pounds a week as a goal. This close to your goal weight, you need to eat more. Long (and good) answer in the link above.

HTH.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Thanks viviakay. I had read that one before but forgotten what it was called. I will switch Monday after my challenge weigh in. :smile: