Stupid Food (part II)

Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
edited September 18 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, so I've been trying to come up with a plan for this eating problem I've been having this week. It's is a difficult thing for me because I'm home everyday with the cupboards and fridge calling to me.
So, I started thinking about what I do eat on a good day and I think my problem might be that I don't get enough variety. I have been eating the same breakfast, lunch and snacks since Feb. My dinners are always different but the other snacks and meals haven't changed. Maybe my taste buds are bored. So I can't help but to wonder if I start eating different things on a daily basis if that would help me??
I also wonder if eating the same things at the same time would affect my metabolism. Maybe Banks could answer that one.:smile:

To the people that answered to yesterdays post; are you finding that you eat the same things day in and day out?

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Mireille
    Okay, so I've been trying to come up with a plan for this eating problem I've been having this week. It's is a difficult thing for me because I'm home everyday with the cupboards and fridge calling to me.
    So, I started thinking about what I do eat on a good day and I think my problem might be that I don't get enough variety. I have been eating the same breakfast, lunch and snacks since Feb. My dinners are always different but the other snacks and meals haven't changed. Maybe my taste buds are bored. So I can't help but to wonder if I start eating different things on a daily basis if that would help me??
    I also wonder if eating the same things at the same time would affect my metabolism. Maybe Banks could answer that one.:smile:

To the people that answered to yesterdays post; are you finding that you eat the same things day in and day out?

• Luxuria
    Luxuria Posts: 13
    Hey there
    I usually have that problem, i get bored and then i crave things like chocolate, cookies and other random snacks. I counteract this by buying loads of different types of fruit, especially berries and cherries, seems to solve my snacking problems. also seafood is quite a good option, if you eat a few prawns or crabsticks =]
    maybe try healthy ways of coming up with different lunches too?

xx
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    yes!!! that makes sense to me....its at least worth a try!

its time for a nice little shopping trip Mireille, take your time see what looks good....new yummy fruits and veggies...snacks...you'll get tons of good ideas here!

good luck and thanks for bringing this up girl...in the same boat!

hugs!
    Ali...good luck!
  • Mireille
    The funny thing is I have a variety of fruit and vegetables in my home but I still tend to eat the same things. I'm not sure why. I know I am a routine type of person and I guess it's my way of controlling things. Maybe I should start a menu chart to get things rolling. I know I'm a geek.:indifferent:

Thanks ladies!!

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    no you're not...fellow list maker, chart maker....candlestick...liker???

do it if it will work....I'm so much better on a schedule...like if I plan the weeks meals...but when I freestyle...I get me into some trouble!:ohwell:

let me know if this works for ya LOL...I need to do something too...exercise is great...but not if your just putting the feed bag on like I....ya not good!

hug!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Totally makes sense to me!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    I found that I was eating the same thing day in and day out for meals... I got bored.... so I started trying new foods by recommendations from people on here and different recipes and it was soooooooooo much easier to stick to the plan because I wasn't bored... or my taste buds weren't bored.... they looked forward to the new foods that I was trying and there is more variety. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.