suga and carbs

Options
I loveeee fruit .. but i try to limit myself ...for example orange for lunch and apple for snack or blueberries w/ breakfast .. but not a fruit at every meal .. maybe twice a day.. i seriously could eat just fruit all day!

i'm 5'3" 146 right now and could stand to lose some weight but was wondering what the average carb/sugar intake should be for me a day.. sometimes my carb intake on my counter says over 260 carbs and 50 sugars that seems high tho.. but actually sugars i sometimes meet with all the fruit i eat..

some advice?

Amy

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    MFP set my sugar level at 24g per day but I am always going way over, ranging from 40-60 grams. But like you, it's due to the fruit. I read some articles from the American Heart Association and the Mayo Clinic and the general rule of thumb is natural sugars (from fruit, low-fat milk, etc) are fine. They recommend a limit of "added" sugar to less than 100 calories per day which equals 6 teaspoons or 25 grams. Look at ingredient lists and watch for all forms of sugar including:
    corn sweetener, corn syrup, dextrose, fructose, fruit juice concentrate, glucose, high-fructose corn syrup, honey, lactose, maltose, malt, malt syrup, molasses, sucrose, brown sugar. Eating fruit twice a day as you mentioned is perfectly fine in my opinion.