Nd Reference on Cooking for a Whole Week

Options
Uronlydreaming
Uronlydreaming Posts: 28 Member
Hi People,

I don't have much time for cooking so I'd like to make a lot of meals in advance and freeze them in portioned sizes. Can anyone recommend either a specific healthy dish, or a book of healthy dishes, that would allow for that? I have a crockpot, too, and I don't mind eating the same base 5-6-7 days in a row. So, I could make, for instance, a large amount of X in a crockpot, freeze it into portions, then thaw it out, as needed, and add a few different things on different days (meats, spices, etc), to make it a little unique.

So, any healthy crockpot recipes, or book suggestions for this kind of meal planning?

Thanks, and wish you all the very best...
Eric

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    This month's issue of Eating Well magazine had a section on recipes that fit that very description! Tomorrow I'm making an eggplant and chickpea stew in my crockpot that transforms into a baked pasta.
  • Uronlydreaming
    Uronlydreaming Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This month's issue of Eating Well magazine had a section on recipes that fit that very description! Tomorrow I'm making an eggplant and chickpea stew in my crockpot that transforms into a baked pasta.
    Nice, thanks! Sounds just like what I need. I'll hit the local book chain and see if I can find it. Thanks, Brent!