45 and wanting to be Fabulous!

kbcakes
kbcakes Posts: 84
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Everyone!

I've decided that it's time to get serious about my health. I am mostly a SAHM with 4 kids ranging in age from 16 to 6. I also sing with my church praise band and teach Wilton Method Cake Decorating Classes. In the last two years, my cholesterol has gone up (it wasn't good then, though) and I really don't want to start taking other medications. In 2006 I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid, so that hasn't helped in the weight department either.

I can do pretty good with the eating (this site helps keep me accountable for everything that goes in my mouth!), it's the exercise part that I need motivation with. I know that if I get into a regular routine I will start seeing results! At the very least, I'd have more stamina, and not get so winded walking up stairs and kneading fondant! I'd love to have some friends to help get me moving!

Looking forward to being 45 and Fabulous this year!

Replies

• Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Hi and welcome :flowerforyou:
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Welcome! I used to live in Ada about 30 years ago (my parents did, actually) and my grandfather and I would walk through the covered bridge into town and go have tea at the bakery run by the nuns. Is it still there? I'm sure things have changed a lot since then. You will love this website!
  • Teebowen
    Teebowen Posts: 78 Member
    I will be 45 in a few months and have the same goal! I started w/ thinking I would only exercise every other day but have found the more I do the more I want to do which is highly unusal for me...:smile:
    I am more than happy to be a cheerleader for you!
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    I will be 45 in April and I have the same goal! To look fabulous!
  • Inpjs66
    Oh, by the way, Welcome aboard!
  • Hello and welcome!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    It's not only possible - it's totally worth it. I had a hard time thinking of an exercise to help with weight loss too until I realized that I could start walking my dog more. He certainly approved! Half an hour of walking eventually turned into an hour a day, and while I was really working hard on ditching the pounds I consistently walked 90 minutes in the morning and another 90 at night. Yeah, my dogs think it's fabulous! But so does my whole body! I dropped from 215 to 122 in 18 months. I have great muscle tone, a 27 inch waist (didn't think THAT was going to happen after the 3 kids!) and I feel wonderful. So find something you can enjoy that's practical and easy for you to do consistently, and keep at it. You'll be glad you did.
  • ladiluvbug83
    ladiluvbug83 Posts: 38 Member
    :happy: I will be 40 in less than 2 weeks and this is my goal also to be fabulous at forty. I am not quite there yet. But, I will be before this year is up. So I guess you could say I will still be FABULOUS at forty. I have lost 75 pounds and have 62 to go so I am over half way. If I can do this you can. If you would like some extra modivation you may add me as your friend. Welcome to MFP. Good luck on your journey.

Sarah:flowerforyou:
  • Inpjs66
    It's good that you are starting at 40 because let me tell you, you're body changes once your 40 and there going forward. I used to be able to eat whatever i wanted and as much as I wanted until about 41. Then I gained 5 lbs each year after that. You're metabolism changes with age and slows waaaay down.

Good luck!
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 99 Member
    Just joined MFP last night at the insight of my daughter.

They say for a man to take a look at his wife's mother to know what she will look like when she's older and lately I've noticed it's true. My mom is in great shape and can work circles around me but my family trait is the tummy. I still blame the tummy on "baby-fat" until I get busted when asked how old my kids are.....:ohwell: mm now are 24 and 25. It doesn't work anymore. My husband and I both lost 10 pounds for our daughters wedding 2 years ago but it found it's way back. I'd love to lose it again and never find it.

My NY resolution was to exercise more and lose at least 10 by summer. So far I've been great at counting calories but not the exercise part. I love being able to track my calories here vs. guess at some and keep them in my head. At 45, it's harder to remember even that.

Love reading all the posts and seeing support. Send some my way!
This discussion has been closed.