Going over my carbs

Options
I am indefinitely going to go over my carbs today because while sitting here I ate well more than just a few too many grapes. All I have left to eat is dinner which I am really craving a plate of fresh greens with chicken vegetables and dried fruits on top. (Commonly referred to as a salad) Should I worry about going over so much? I do not go over consistently, just added information.

Replies

• speckledbandit
    speckledbandit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've found that it doesn't matter so much how many carbs you eat as what kind they are. If you're going over because of bread, pasta, chocolate, chips, and other indulgences, I would cut some stuff. But if going over is only due to fruits and vegetables and so forth, I'd completely ignore it.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If you hit your goal calories every day (which is what people should strive to do, not be consistently under), you are almost always going to be over in one category. As long as your calories are correct, don't worry about fat, protein, or carbs, unless you are on a diet that specifically requires you to do so or for medical reasons.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If you hit your goal calories every day (which is what people should strive to do, not be consistently under), you are almost always going to be over in one category. As long as your calories are correct, don't worry about fat, protein, or carbs, unless you are on a diet that specifically requires you to do so or for medical reasons.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'll be watching this thread carefully since I tend to go over in this area too. I think that if this happens consistenly, weight loss will be delayed.
  • danmullen
    Options
    Carbs are the body's primary source of energy - they are good for you :) I go over all the time... the only things I aim to stay under the daily limit are calories and saturated fat. (I've also been trying to lower my sodium intake recently).

As long as you're staying within your calorie goal, you'll be fine :)
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! I am pretty good about staying under everything but fiber I tend to go over and I set my goal at 30 but I was put on a high fiber diet a while ago and it has just stuck with me. Although, thanks again very helpful!