running-- DIZZY!

ashleyjea1985
ashleyjea1985 Posts: 190
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
the last few times ive ran on the treadmill been getting a lot of pressure in my hear and my ear.. my head felt "full" and my ears felt like the needed to pop, the pressure was alot.... to the point i have to stop.... :(

i took a five min break.. went back on to run and same thing happened..

what is going on/ should i be concerned?

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    are youy hydrasted enough?
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    are youy hydrasted enough?
  • yes i dirnk a lot of water and eat an hr before my workouts
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I just read a post in the last few days about the issue with the ears getting "clogged". It's actually something that happens when your ear canals swell from the blood flow to your head. There isn't much you can do about it unfortunately. I tend to get my ears clogged when I do more intense cardio, but not as severe as your issue when you have to stop. It does recommend less intensity so your ear canals don't swell up as much, so try running at a slower pace. It might seem REALLY slow at first, but it's better to build up to higher speeds without your ears bothering you.

Here's the post I mentioned:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/151000-jogging-ears-plugged?hl=ears#posts-2041447
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Hi there! Same thing happens to me so I googled right now and found this: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091208151500AAakjOP hope it helps!
  • Based on your reported symptoms I believe you need to begin focusing a lot more on your breathing. It seems like you're not getting enough oxygen as your using the treadmill. Perhaps you are holding your breath at certain times, or breathing much too frequently. You have to keep your breaths even and long enough to draw in enough oxygen. ;)

Pay close attention to your breaths next time you use the treadmill.

If it's not your breathing it may be your posture. If you tend to hold on to the handles, don't . You need to keep a proper walking/running posture when on a treadmill. Don't lean forward to hold on.

Also, make sure to keep your hair up as though you were running outside.

I hope this helps you hun.
  • dmcg123
    dmcg123 Posts: 14 Member
    I'd suggest seeing your doctor. There can be myriad reasons why this happens, including inner ear infection, etc. Never play around when you experience unusual sensations while exercising... seek a qualified, professional opinion.
This discussion has been closed.