Hi All!

Options
I am a new member. I have just started using this and love the app on my phone and the website. This has been the only thing I have been able to stick too!!
But, Im stuck. I started off with 1200 calories and could not get the scale to move after the first week. I came down almost 10 pounds which I think is water weight. So I have pushed my calories up to 2000 based on some posting I have found here. What should I do? Should I stick to the 1200 or the formula of my weight times 12 (174 x 12=2088) I work out 5 days a week for an hour a day then do a steam shower for 15 minutes. the 2000 calories I ate today are healthier choices than before but its tough!
Help I don't know what to do.

Replies

• amycrims
    Options
    Under "Tools" there's a tab called BMR which will help you see how many calories you burn a day minus any exercise. You shoudl be eating less than that. For example, my BMR is about 1900, so I'm eating 1220 a day to have a deficit of 680 calories- means I wil lose weight since I'm eating less than I need. On the other hand, when you add in your calories burned from exercise, you will have more calories to eat throughout the day. I think that formula you were using with the x12 doesn't counter in your exercise. If you do it the MFP way, I think its a bit more detailed to what you actually are doing each day. Hope this helps and isn't too confusing!
  • amycrims
    Options
    Under "Tools" there's a tab called BMR which will help you see how many calories you burn a day minus any exercise. You shoudl be eating less than that. For example, my BMR is about 1900, so I'm eating 1220 a day to have a deficit of 680 calories- means I wil lose weight since I'm eating less than I need. On the other hand, when you add in your calories burned from exercise, you will have more calories to eat throughout the day. I think that formula you were using with the x12 doesn't counter in your exercise. If you do it the MFP way, I think its a bit more detailed to what you actually are doing each day. Hope this helps and isn't too confusing!
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for responding! ok so it said 1,452...Is that how many calories I eat?
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Ok I redid the MFP recommendation is 1200 :)