Lunch Ideas

Options
Hi everyone, I'm looking for healthy quick ideas for lunch, I'm always at work during the week for lunch and I'm having a hard time coming up with idea. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated !!!

Replies

• melisdunzik
    Options
    try lean cuisines they have a great selections and are so good !:smile:
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My fav is the home style soups :happy:
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I stock up on ready to eat soups that I can microwave. I also make a salad at home in the morning (trying to make it different and interesting each day is key), I also take microwavable dishes (weight watchers meals, etc.), left overs from dinner (portioned just right)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I usually make a few extra servings of whatever I'm having for dinner, then put it in a tupperware, and reheat it when I'm at work.
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunches are always leftovers from a delicious meal a night or two before. I try to make a little extra every time and pack it away for lunch. I also try to take at least two pieces of fruit or vegetables with me and eat them every day. I keep rolled oats and peanut butter at my desk for quick bowls of oatmeal (works well if I don't have time to eat breakfast before leaving, too). And if you have a freezer and microwave at work, you can try keeping one or two Healthy Choice (or similar) TV dinners for days when you've forgotten something.
  • Jaydensmama23
    Options
    Here are some we do. Healthy choice steamer bowls - delicious!!! Tuna (or turkey) sandwich w/ fruit & baked potato chips. The Lite miracle whip is well a miracle :D My personal favorite (if you have a microwave) is morning star burgers, riblets, or chicken you can do them in a pita instead of bread. Lite soups are yummo - they tend to have high sodium though. And of coarse salad. I have all the ingredients pre cut in separate containers in the fridge - keeps fresh all week that way. Hmmm that is all I can think of right now lol
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love to make a Chicken or Turkey and 97% Fat Free cooked ham wrap with veggies. There are these flatbreads called Flatout with low cals, carbs & fat. Add your favorite veggies, low cal dressing or mayo or spruce it up however you like. Its filling, yummy and way low cals. Love it. I add whole grain Sun Chips to my lunch with fresh fruit and water or tea and it gives me energy and sustains me til either an afternoon snack or dinner!
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I also make big pots of soups to take during the week or a quick dinner as I have an empty nest. I don't like to cook all the time. I try to stay away from pre-packaged low cal food because even though they are low cal/carb/fat or whatever they claim to be they are processed and usually high in sodium and preservatives. Trying to get back to eating healthy means cook it yourself.

"CHECK YOUR INGREDIENTS"
  • lupuslady
    Options
    use diet bread, add the condiment you want to usebag it small baggie. Place meat,cheese, veggies in a separate bag. Put it together at lunch time.
    Doing it this way and you won't have soggy bread. Place it in a bag or cooler, don't forget some fruit, and maybe a low cal treat. This can be a cheap and quick way to have a fresh sandwich for lunch. It can be quick and easy, pack it the night before.
  • disneymom94
    disneymom94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I make some extra grilled, boneless skinless chicken breast over the weekend. Then I can cut them up into right sized portions and have them on a salad (easy to put 2 cups of pre-cut salad in a to go bowl and have handy) or use a light Flatout flatbread wrap with chicken, light cheese, or whatever you like. I also love the light soups that are ready made or homemade veggie soup that is portioned out and kept frozen. I can grab a serving and pop it in the mic at work and day. Good luck
  • danser84
    danser84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great thank you everybody !!! I'll be sure to try some of these out !!!!
  • beckymorris68
    beckymorris68 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like Weight Watchers pitta bread with some lean chicken slices and stuffed to the brim with watercress, rocket and salad. Can interchange with cottage cheese, low fat Philly etc. Or a WW wrap.
    Then have a couple of satsumas or any other fruit. I also like to have a couple of raw carrots as an extra.