Are there any cyclist on MFP?

Options
Hey! I would love to know if there are any other cyclist here on MFP. I started cycling last year and I'm in love with it!! I would love to talk with other cyclist and get some tips, ideas and encouragement.

Replies

• caitbait
    Options
    I'm one! Love cycling= it's my therapy on wheels....
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i LOVE cycling!! totally gonna seek out some races this year as i'm totally an indoor cycling as of now
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Recently getting into it!!!!
  • twinsfan1976
    Options
    I bike a lot as well. I am not fast, but I am steady. Almost have my new bike built and very excited to get out this spring :)
  • twinsfan1976
    Options
    I bike a lot as well. I am not fast, but I am steady. Almost have my new bike built and very excited to get out this spring :)
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    So glad to see some fellow cyclist. I got in 32.5 miles today and it felt so good. I can't wait until the weather warms up so I can ride more. Please post any rides you guys know of that are in the South as I live in MS.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am a cyclist. There's actually a group in the motivation section. Most states have a multiday, supported ride across the state. I know for sure Georgia, Florida and Tennessee do. I don't know about MS. The one in Georgia is a week long and only $150 (I think that's still the price) which covers food, campground and the trucks that carry your gear from place to place. I've been biking for 11-12 years now and it never gets old! It's the best thing I ever discovered!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Only seasonally hehe But we do local trails on our Mt Bikes. Not a road bike person... the cars scare me! lol Does that count? I still LOVE being out there!! :-D
  • piccolarj
    Options
    Great to meet you! I've been cycling for a little over a year and I agree it never gets old. There are always new roads to explore. We have a cycling club here that I am a member in. I haven't really cycled outside of my area yet but I do hope to get out more this spring and summer. We have a beautiful parkway here that we cycle on regularly but Im ready for some new terrain!! Maybe I'll see you at ride this year "asltiffm" !!
  • piccolarj
    Options
    Of course that counts!!! I usually cycle spring-fall and winter only if I can catch an unusually warm day! I'm a road cyclist but a cyclist is a cyclist to me. I've never tried mountain biking but maybe I'll get to sometime this year!! Great to hear from ya!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Of course that counts!!! I usually cycle spring-fall and winter only if I can catch an unusually warm day! I'm a road cyclist but a cyclist is a cyclist to me. I've never tried mountain biking but maybe I'll get to sometime this year!! Great to hear from ya!!
    Don't get the wrong idea... I am not one of those BRAVE mt bikers haha . My boyfriend has to go without me on his serious trail runs! ;) But I will do gravel, dirt and pavement that is hilly.... just not CLIFFY! lol Thanks for the welcome. We really enjoy when we do get out there and we have a few really great trails close by that are between 5 and 45 miles long. Great for people like me who avoid the cars. ;)
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options

I guess that means you had a warm day then. Lucky you! I was all set to go for a ride yesterday but the snow we had last week is still stuck to the roads and I didn't really feel like a ride was worth getting run over when one of us slipped on the ice. I do really want to go out again though! My rear wheel was broken and had to be replaced but I had to wait on that. So from he middle of Sept to the end of the year, I wasn't able to bike at all. It killed me. But I got the wheel for Christmas and have only had the opportunity twice to ride it. I have about 40 miles on the bike so far since Christmas. But one of those rides was in 2010 so you're beating me for the year on mileage so far!