Clothes shopping

Options
maureak
maureak Posts: 107 Member
I had probably the best time ever shopping for clothes. I needed some pants and tried on 5 or 6 pairs, size 10 (I've been this size for several months). When the first pair hung on me, I thought it was the manufacturer. Then I tried on another pair. In the end, everything I tried on was too big. So I went back out and picked up size 8's. They all fit (and look good)! I haven't been a size 8 since high school.

This is so much fun!

Replies

• givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    Fantastic!
    I had that experience at Thanksgiving (size 14 too big, 12's fit). I can't wait until I am fitting those 8's, since I was probably 12 the last time I was in a 8 (sizes have changed some.) 10's are getting comfortable on me right now, just a tad tight.
  • dittlebear
    Options
    Thats brilliant! i'm back in size 12s hopefully i'll catch you up
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'll never be an 8, but I'm thrilled with the 12s I bought the other day. Don't think 10s are realistic for me, either. Have never been able to wear single digits in my adulthood. Even when I was many pounds thinner. I'm happy.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Isn't that such a great wonderful feelin' :) Enjoy it! You deserve it...as they say 'hard work does pay off' :) xo
  • Yahme
    Yahme Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! :smile:
    I know the feeling, the first time I went to buy new slacks I figured I was at least a size 8, but after trying on pants I found out otherwise. I trying a 6 but decided to try a 4 too and believe it or not they fit great. It has been decades for me to be this size and it does feel great.
    1552749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Isn't that a GREAT feeling?! I went from an 18W to a 10/12 (depending on the manufacturer). Can't wait 'til I'm solidly in 10's and maybe even slipping into a few 8's!!
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    Congrats! I'm so happy for you
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My goal my entire adult life was always to get back to a comfortable size 10. Every time I've tried a different diet, I always get close to a size 10 but then the diet becomes boring, I fall off the wagon and gain all of the weight back (and more). I honestly feel like I have a chance this time to make this a lifestyle instead of a temporary diet.
  • Nouhime
    Options
    Big congratulations, that must have felt great! I know I would've bounced up and down...
    Personally, I can't wait to start shopping size 8's! Now I'm practically just wearing skirts and downsizing them as needed. I'm such a cheapskate.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Thats great, i know its very motivating!:)
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    That's such a great feeling!!! Congrats :)
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    HOORAY!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!