Walden Farms Calorie Free Chocolate Dip!

Options
laurenk182004
laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
Ok..so I was skeptical and HAD to buy some. The stuff is in the aisle with the fiber supplements and sugar free candies and stuff like that. I found it at shaws, they also had calorie free jams, caramel dip and some other stuff. I must say this stuff is pretty good. According to the label it is sweetened with splenda and has 0 calories for 2 tablespoons. I personally think 2 tablespoons of it would be a bit much, but after tasting it, I decided to mix a 1 teaspoon with 1 tablespoon of better n' peanut butter and I had it on toast and OMG it was sinful...lol for 50 calories! *plus the bread obviously* I think that same mixture would taste yummy on fruit too. Anyways, I just thought I would share for all you chocoholics out there!

Replies

• laurenk182004
    Options
    Ok..so I was skeptical and HAD to buy some. The stuff is in the aisle with the fiber supplements and sugar free candies and stuff like that. I found it at shaws, they also had calorie free jams, caramel dip and some other stuff. I must say this stuff is pretty good. According to the label it is sweetened with splenda and has 0 calories for 2 tablespoons. I personally think 2 tablespoons of it would be a bit much, but after tasting it, I decided to mix a 1 teaspoon with 1 tablespoon of better n' peanut butter and I had it on toast and OMG it was sinful...lol for 50 calories! *plus the bread obviously* I think that same mixture would taste yummy on fruit too. Anyways, I just thought I would share for all you chocoholics out there!
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I bought some before and I personally thought that it tasted like dirt. i couldn't even pass it off on my 8yr old as chocolate, but a girl that I worked with liked it so I gave it to her.
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    LOL. Might I ask what exactly dirt tastes like? Oh wait I know, but what kind of dirt are we talking about Iraqi sand, Missori Mud, Oregan nutrition, colorado rocks? I perfer colorado rocks, it does wonders for my teeth! :laugh:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: yeah some of the walden farms stuff is really gross..however the suryp is good and so is the thousand island dressing besides that I havent tried much else that i like.. OH and i like the italian too...
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Well I thought it was pretty good, but maybe I'm just so used to eating "diet" type foods that I don't remember what real chocolate sauce tastes like LOL!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Well I thought it was pretty good, but maybe I'm just so used to eating "diet" type foods that I don't remember what real chocolate sauce tastes like LOL!
    yeah.. I never tried the chocolate.. i cant eat reg chocolate no more it givesme a headache....so maybe I will try it.
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Heh... as a rule I am freaked out by foods that have no calories. What do you think they put in them? CHEMICALS!!!! FREAKY UNNATURAL SCIENCEY STUFF!!

No, thanks. :laugh:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Heh... as a rule I am freaked out by foods that have no calories. What do you think they put in them? CHEMICALS!!!! FREAKY UNNATURAL SCIENCEY STUFF!!

No, thanks. :laugh:

Have to agree with this, natural is better and chocolate isn't bad for you, unless you eat a lb a day!
    The more science messes with our food the unhealthier it gets, you may want to read "In Defense Of Food" by Michael Pollan just for an insight as to how little nutritional value our altered foods are! Splenda is no better for you than any other artificial sweetner, the body does not metabolize artificial sweets correctly, and they are discovering long terrm use of splenda is leading to chronic joint problems!

IN the end, it's your body, do with it what you want, but inform yourself!
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Don't worry u guys, I'm not eating this by the gallon! lol I only mixed it with some pb :tongue:
  • jazzzzzzybb
    Options
    Well said Lauren ... I found your article was well worth a go ! Xx
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    I think it tastes okay, the caramel one is better....

Just stopped buying it bc it really just isn't worth the bloat and some of the additives :( so sad, bc I drench pancakes in maple syrup like a maniac every time and would save so many calories!

There are even salad dressing too btw! Sweet onion and French are amazing.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    This thread is five and a half years old. How the heck did it get dug back up?