New Balance N4 HRM Question

Options
I just picked it up from Target this evening, and am impressed by it already, though I have a few questions for those that have either used this model or other hrm.

I do not get how to calculate my higher and lower heart rate, also is it important to have that entered to calculate calories burned correctly?

Also, can I say, put in on in the morning and use all the calories it reads as a daily burn? Or would that be included what ones body naturally burns during the day? I'd be wearing it at work and I tend to move around a lot.

Thanks in advance, I am a total noob at this and hope I explained my questions appropriately.

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I do not get how to calculate my higher and lower heart rate, also is it important to have that entered to calculate calories burned correctly?
    It is important to have your higher and lower programmed into the watch because it does make the calories burn more accurate. The directions should tell you how to calculate those but, if not, directions from mine are below:

Maximum Heart Rate (MHR) = 220 - age
    Lower heart rate = MHR x lower target activity %
    Higher heart rate = MHR x upper target activity %

walking lower target activity % = 65%; higher = 78%
    jogging lower target activity % = 65%; higher = 85%
    running lower target activity % = 78%; higher = 90%
    Also, can I say, put in on in the morning and use all the calories it reads as a daily burn? Or would that be included what ones body naturally burns during the day? I'd be wearing it at work and I tend to move around a lot.
    MFP already includes that in your daily calorie allotment based on the activity level you set when you created your profile. You'd only want to wear your HRM when you workout as that is above and beyond your normal daily activity.

Hope this helps!
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooo much for taking the time to explain it in laymen terms!!! ^_^
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    No problem! Good luck on your weight loss!
  • TeriTegland
    TeriTegland Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i bought this same HRM and I am lost. I feel kind of stupid but I dont know where to start. I have entered Ht, Wt, age, time, date etc. it seems to maybe have some stored workouts maybe someone returned it or something, but I can't delete. also I was just sitting with it on and it would jump up to 237 BPM and I never have a high pulse rate. How do I get started just feeling kind of overwhelmed I bought it quite a while ago and went through this and just put it away. any help info ,hints tips anything would be gratly appreciated:flowerforyou:
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I also have a New Balance HRM from Target! I love it! I did wear it all day one day to see how many calories I burned and from what I could tell, it was fairly accurate. :) Have fun with your new toy!