Best Eating Out Options? Your favorites?

Options
I flat out BLOW IT when we eat out - tonight, the menu said it was healthy when I ordered my Margharita Chicken at Chilis - - but when I entered it at home, it was 600 calories - which I understand is okay for some, but I don't like my heaviest meal at the end of the day to be that much calories... however on the weekend, with kids (teenagers) that you only see while dining out - I feel like I have no options but to eat out - and there's only so much salad a girl can take. So tell me if you care to share, what's your favorite healthy eating out option?

Thanks guys/gals!

Replies

• DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    Eat that if you like it. Was it a big serving? Maybe ask for half of it boxed before hand then you can take it home and have it later.
  • denise309
    Options
    I had the same thing happen tonight. we went to TGI Fridays I had the Right Portion Right Price Parmesan Crusted Chicken...it was 710 calories...I only hate 3/4 of it but thats A LOT of calories,then I got a HORRIBLE headach while working out and had to stop (think I waited too long after dinner) so today has been a tough day

I reasearche tons of restaurants and im SHOCKED how any calories I was eating... no wonder I gained so much weight

I hope someone offers up some good advice for us!!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I live in Ontario, Canada and | don't feel guilty when we go to Swiss Chalet and order a 1/4 chicken white meat and take off the skin with a side garden salad.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    California makes restaurants and fast food put the calories RIGHT NEXT to the item on the menu...it really helps me make up my mind.

I usually get a veggie burger and instead of a bun, wrap it in lettuce. Very tasty!
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    A lot of times you can check out the website and it will have the nutritional info on there. I check the place I'm going before I go and see to get an idea what I want. Bob Evans has a Be Fit menu and the stuff is SO good and not a ton of calories
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ruby Tuesdays is my new favorite place to eat... I am a vegetarian so I just get the salad bar. They have everything you can imagine to make a perfect salad!! :flowerforyou:
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Depends on what is around...but if you have a Jason's Deli near by there are some great choices with a few of them having nutritional info on the menu...the rest is online.

Chipotle is my fav....I like my big meal at night so I am not feeling the munchies after the kids go to bed ut if you go online before you go you can make your meal and figure out how to custimize your favs into a tasty healthy meal.
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you a big seafood fan but that is always a good option. At places like Chilis and Ruby Tuesday they always offer good Salmon which is a great option. Im a BIG fan of brocolli and brown rice as my sides.