Remember You Can Break Up Your Exercise Time

Gargwin82
Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have read a lot of people who are really discouraged they won't have enough time in the day to do a full 30 minutes of exercise. Keep in mind that you DON'T have to do it all at once. If you can get in a 10 minute walk to the mailbox and back with your child in a stroller, walk a grocery store for 10min (not sampling those free samples ;) and do 10 minutes on an exercise bike in the end there is your 30 minutes for the day.

Walk around your office for 5 minutes during each of your breaks (here it's commonly 15min/30min/15min) by the end of the work day 1/2 your 30minutes is done. Instead of parking really close to the store door park as far as possible from the enterance you're planning on using (when it's safe to do so, not a night in a creepy area of course).

Also remember seemingly everyday things ARE exercise. Shoveling snow, gardening, scrubbing the tub, dusting the shelves. Dancing around the living room with your kids playing ring around the rosey, lifting your 8lb child and walking them to sleep. All of these add up.

So don't get discouraged if you look at your schedule and don't see a 30minute clump to dedicate, there are many ways to work around it.

Replies

• txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    lol sometime i do like little arm pressing with my 5 month old lol i lift him up and down lol he way 14-16lbs i believe lol...i have to stop afterwhile because it hurts but he thinks it fun and laughs the whole time
  • grumpz
    grumpz Posts: 30
    I so agree!!! I had ALOT of housework yesterday (with 2 young kids and all) and burnt 448 cals just doing that!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    I'm working a 12 hour shift today

I got up at 7am. Did 30 mins on my exercise bike
    Then mid shift hit the treadmill for another 30 mins.
    When I go home I'm gonna prep all my meals for tomorrow (another 12 hour shift) and do 20 mins of Yoga.

When I first started exercising back in July I'd only do 15-20mins of exercise at a time.

Listen folks.
    You DO have the time. You DO have the energy. You ARE worth the time.

You just need to make it happen.
This discussion has been closed.