50 by 50!

Options
Just wanted to introduce myself.

I will be turning 50 on 12/31/11 and decided that I want to lose 50 lbs by my 50th birthday.

My daughter found the app for MFP on our Droid phones and we started using it 10 days ago. I can happily report that I have lost 4 lbs in my 1st week!

I love that it's very similar to what I used to use on Weight Watchers, except that I can see the 4 digit calorie number as opposed to the 2 digit points number. It's a completely mental thing for me; that 4 digit makes me feel like I am not dieting and don't feel like I am depriving myself of anything, but at the same time I am making better food choices.....and best of all this is FREE!!!!

So here's to a fabulous 2011 and I cannot wait to watch my progress on this site...it's very exciting and my daughter (she's 18 and wants to make sure she doesn't gain the freshman 15 at college this year) is joining me for our journey to a healthier way of life.

:smile:

Replies

• scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    I'm hitting 49 this year with about 60 lbs to go. I love this site and have been here since last April and have not missed a day since. Friend me if you would like. We can do this!!! We WILL DO THIS!!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i will be fifty on 11-11-11 and plan to lose a hundred pounds this year by than i join weight watchers and love theri new program good luck
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Im trying to do 30 by 30 in May, then will still need another 10-20 but have to start somewhere.

Good Luck!
  • LuvsToSpin
    LuvsToSpin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    We can all do this! I actually joined this site in October, but did not start using it until after January 1st. So far I am very happy with the site and cannot wait to see more progress!

Good luck to all of us!!!:smile:
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    What a great goal! I will be 49 in October - my mini-goal is to lose 20 by April as I want to get my cholesterol numbers down before my annual physical.

You mentioned that this plan is similar to WW - I find that very interesting as I have always wanted to join WW but never was able to afford to - any advice or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!

I have cut portions tremendously in the week that I've been here - I'm not able to wiegh myself as I currently do not have a scale - plan on getting one this weekend. . .

Good Luck to you on this adventure to 50!!
  • Todd08
    Todd08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just turned 50 myself last Nov. and decided to get back into shape, I too found MFP on my Droid phone and then showed my wife, We are both excited about this site. Friend me if you like.
  • GrandmaPaige
    Options
    What a great goal! And to have your daughter on board with you is awesome!! As a former WW'r myself, I too like how this site is set up and love that it is free. Here's to a GREAT year!!

Paige
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Terrific idea!

I've just turned 53, lots to loose, will be here for a while so if I can be of any support to anyone do friend request me!

Fantastic website, great community and hopefully we can all support each other!

Its the little things that change and matter so much with each few pounds you loose.

Good luck!
  • eyoreblu
    Options
    I too will be 50 this year in October, but my goal is to lose 100 lbs by then! I love this site, it has been so helpful. I have been up and down but always come back to log in and read posts. Good luck everyone!!!