Pizza! Suggestions????

Options
My family and I LOVE to have a pizza night once a week and watch movies! I really don't want to give up eating with them. if I even have that kinda will power, but I ate 2 slices and 2 breadsticks last night and gained .5 lbs even with eating GREAT the rest of the day and excercising!! Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks so much everyone! I am trying ot be good but I want to make a lifestyle change not a diet! I can't give it up forever!

Replies

• Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    i had this again tonight http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130577-you-asked-for-it-cauli-crust-pizza-pics guilt free.

but real pizza sodium is the major issue, lots of water :)
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    It is probably temporary weight gain from the sodium in the pizza. It will go away - drink LOTS of water. I have found Domino's thin crust cheese pizza to be the best bang for my buck! (Or order a veggie one - that's more fun!)
  • jlmnk1313
    jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks it looks great and I will so try it!!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thanks and I will definately drink more water! Thanks for the suggestion I really appreciate it!
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    Stay with thin crust is the general consensus on here, but a fellow mfp'er posted this earlier today:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/154026-italian-pizza-bake

I can't wait to try it!!!
  • rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'd make my own....here is what I do. I love this:
    Orowheat - Sandwich Thins, 1 roll 100
    Hunt's - Tomato Sauce (8oz) , 1/4 cup (62g) 20
    Dole - Pineapple Tidbits In !00% Pineapple Juice , 1/4 cup 35
    Kraft - Shredded Mozarella Cheese Part-Skim, 1/4 cup 80
    Falls Brand - Tavern Ham, Boneless, Baked, 1 oz 33

Total 268 calories!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza every Friday night (Saturday this week) for family pizza night. Its a perfect way to control the sodium, fat, and calories you are eating. I always use whole wheat flour in the crust too.

Thanks to this site, I can use the recipe feature and know exactly how many calories are in each piece :bigsmile:
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I make my own pizza every Friday night (Saturday this week) for family pizza night. Its a perfect way to control the sodium, fat, and calories you are eating. I always use whole wheat flour in the crust too.

Thanks to this site, I can use the recipe feature and know exactly how many calories are in each piece :bigsmile:

Check it out on my blog

http://momvsfood.blogspot.com/2010/09/what-is-friday-pizza-night.html
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    If we do pizza I usually to get thin crust veggie pizza... or I will have a salad with it so I don't fill up on just pizza. :) Thin crust is my favorite anyway, as are the veggies usually, so I don't feel deprived at all! (The cheese sticks are my downfall though!) Chicken pizza is another healthier option, though I'd rather just have veggie.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest one piece of pizza, one breadstick, and a salad...with LOTS of water! :smile: Enjoy! It's a lifestyle change after all!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thank you I looked at the receip and it looks great! Thanks for the info
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thanks I will definately try this!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thanks I will definately try this!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    I definately will! Thanks so much for giving me some pointers!!!!! :)
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!! I will try all of these receips out on my family and see what works for us all!!!!! I truely appreciate it!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphy's veggie pizzas aren't bad. I love them even when I'm not dieting!
  • BunnyHop
    BunnyHop Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like using the high fiber burrito wraps as a pizza crust. The small size makes a good pizza for one that's easy to bake in a toaster oven. The larger size probably does better in the oven.

It's been a while since I've made these, but I do remember making several small ones at once on a half sheet pan in the oven. (the wraps shrink slightly in the oven)

They work best if you don't load them up with toppings, they're a bit fragile.

If you go with the Orowheat sandwich thins instead, they're a bit sturdier and can support toppings a bit better. My favorite is pineapple.

I can't settle on any one sauce type, I keep experimenting, but I do like Muir Glen's pizza sauce. IIRC, it's a bit salty but tasty.
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Great i have one of those just down the street! Thanks so much!
  • Cali34
    Cali34 Posts: 1
    Options
    Try healthy pizza, create your on toppings on thin crust. Less bread is best, so that means no breadsticks. There are some healthy pizza joints, such as Azzurro Pizza - Not sure of all of the locations, google and see what you come up with. Good luck!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Great thanks so much for the info!