Sportline Duo 1010

jcr03
jcr03 Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey Guys,
I just purchased a Sportline Duo 1010, with chest strap HRM, it was on sale and I got a steal of a deal. Just wondering if anyone knows how accurate the calories burn counter is. I haven't had a chance to do a long workout with it yet, but the calorie counter seems a bit high based on the little workout I did do.

I'm doing the WII active High Intense workout (A warm up before starting p90x) and according to the game on a 30 min workout I burn around 200 Calories. I just did the same workout with the HRM on and it says that I Burn close to 500 Cal, could that be right. My heart rate was in the 70% to 80% for most of the workout.

Thanks
Jamie

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Hey Guys,
    I just purchased a Sportline Duo 1010, with chest strap HRM, it was on sale and I got a steal of a deal. Just wondering if anyone knows how accurate the calories burn counter is. I haven't had a chance to do a long workout with it yet, but the calorie counter seems a bit high based on the little workout I did do.

I'm doing the WII active High Intense workout (A warm up before starting p90x) and according to the game on a 30 min workout I burn around 200 Calories. I just did the same workout with the HRM on and it says that I Burn close to 500 Cal, could that be right. My heart rate was in the 70% to 80% for most of the workout.

Thanks
    Jamie

It isn't. Any manufacturer can put a "calorie counter" on a watch--they know it's something that the public wants and they also know there is no way you will ever be able to tell the difference. A cheapo HRM can do a decent job of measuring heart rate, but when it comes to estimating calories, it is just a toy.
This discussion has been closed.