Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred

Options
Anyone know how to figure out how to enter exercise videos onto the exercise log? For example, after I do either Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred or the fitness yoga I want to be able to add that in for however many minutes. I have no idea how to figure out the calories on that! :)

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    The most accurate way is to use a heart monitor - that will give you very specific numbers. Otherwise, you can enter cardiovascular in the exercise diary and choose yoga. Enter the number of minutes - it will you a ballpark, but it's NOT really specific to you. But it will give you some idea.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I usually put either aerobic (and then you have several options to choose from ie: general, moderate, high intensity), or for the Shred in particular I put circuit training, general, and it's about a 200 calorie burn in 20 minutes, for Level 1. Your best bet is to get a heart rate monitor with a calorie counter - but I would say that anything higher than 250 for Levels 2 and 3 is probably over estimating - and it's always better to under estimate your calorie burn and be pleasantly surprised when the scale drops, as opposed to the other way around. Hope this helps! :)
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I usually put either aerobic (and then you have several options to choose from ie: general, moderate, high intensity), or for the Shred in particular I put circuit training, general, and it's about a 200 calorie burn in 20 minutes, for Level 1. Your best bet is to get a heart rate monitor with a calorie counter - but I would say that anything higher than 250 for Levels 2 and 3 is probably over estimating - and it's always better to under estimate your calorie burn and be pleasantly surprised when the scale drops, as opposed to the other way around. Hope this helps! :)
  • jessicakay1202
    Options
    That is helpful!! :) Thanks!
  • mdaniella
    mdaniella Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    good question..i was going to ask it too lol =]