Any cardio suggestions?

Options
Hello! So far I have lost 20 lbs and so now I'm getting down to the nitty gritty last 10 lbs. Everything I've read says I need to do more cardio in order to get the last bit of weight off but I am by no means a runner and I get bored on all of the gym machines really quickly. Does anyone know of any fun and effective cardio videos I can buy? Thanks for all of your help!

Replies

• turtle
    turtle Posts: 49
    Options
    Hello! So far I have lost 20 lbs and so now I'm getting down to the nitty gritty last 10 lbs. Everything I've read says I need to do more cardio in order to get the last bit of weight off but I am by no means a runner and I get bored on all of the gym machines really quickly. Does anyone know of any fun and effective cardio videos I can buy? Thanks for all of your help!
  • SUPREMENOTORIOUS
    Options
    There are plenty of cheap dvds you can buy that are good... like the ones that teach you to dance hip hop or belly dance. You should try taking a ballroom dancing class... they are fun!
  • Kreanga1
    Kreanga1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Playing sports can be good...if you can, watch out for injury, that can throw everything off. I play Table Tennis, Badminton, Fencing..and i hear Racquetball is good aerobically. When you do something that you want to get better at, it helps motivate you to do the gym machines. I am losing weight pretty well fencing & table tennis one day a week as well as supplementary aerobic workout on the stair climber and elliptical. If sports don't motivate you, then I agree with the dance suggestion. Good luck on those last ten pounds!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'm really liking turbo jam. My favorite is the Punch, Kick and Jam video...you can buy it individually on ebay for like $10 bucks...worth the little investment:)
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Many of us here are avid hikers.

Usually on a 5 mile, hour and a half long hike I burn over 1100 calories. I love it. :bigsmile:
  • turtle
    turtle Posts: 49
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I really love kickboxing type workouts and absolutely love being outdoors so both will work great. Best wishes to everyone.