Favorite Recipe!

Options
ChubbyBunny
ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
I thought it would be cool to post a favorite Weight Watchers recipe here maybe inspire others to share their favorites as well.

Weight Watcher Fajitas with Spicy Coleslaw

Ingredients:
1 TBS fajita seasoning, preferably salt free or reduced sodium
1 TBS fresh lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
½ lb. beef round, trimmed and sliced into ¼ in. strips
1 (10 oz) package coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots) OR 6 cups
shredded cabbage
1-2 TBS minced pickled jalapeno peppers +1 TBS pickling juice
1 TBS cider vinegar
4 scallions, chopped
2 TBS chopped cilantro
8 (6 inch) whole-wheat tortillas
1 tsp olive oil or canola oil

1. Prepare the marinade, combine the fajita seasoning, lime juice, and garlic in a zip-close plastic bag; add the beef. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the beef. Let stand 10 minutes or refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, up to 2 hours. Drain, discarding the marinade.
2. To prepare the coleslaw, combine the coleslaw mix, jalapenos and pickling juice, vinegar, scallions and cilantro in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat the tortillas according to package directions; keep warm.
4. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and sauté until cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
5. To serve, place about ¾ cup of the coleslaw mixture into each warm tortilla and top immediately with 3-4 beef strips; roll to enclose.

Servings: 4 (2 tacos each)

Calories (w/o tortillas): 113 (in database)

Notes:
*Add refried beans for some cling factor
* Can add cheese, tomatoes, olives, etc for a little more nutrition.

** Coleslaw will get spicier the longer it sets, so be cautious with the jalapenos if you don’t like spicy food.

I use the low carb tortillas from Mission. Yum!

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I thought it would be cool to post a favorite Weight Watchers recipe here maybe inspire others to share their favorites as well.

Weight Watcher Fajitas with Spicy Coleslaw

Ingredients:
    1 TBS fajita seasoning, preferably salt free or reduced sodium
    1 TBS fresh lime juice
    1 garlic clove, minced
    ½ lb. beef round, trimmed and sliced into ¼ in. strips
    1 (10 oz) package coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots) OR 6 cups
    shredded cabbage
    1-2 TBS minced pickled jalapeno peppers +1 TBS pickling juice
    1 TBS cider vinegar
    4 scallions, chopped
    2 TBS chopped cilantro
    8 (6 inch) whole-wheat tortillas
    1 tsp olive oil or canola oil

1. Prepare the marinade, combine the fajita seasoning, lime juice, and garlic in a zip-close plastic bag; add the beef. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the beef. Let stand 10 minutes or refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, up to 2 hours. Drain, discarding the marinade.
    2. To prepare the coleslaw, combine the coleslaw mix, jalapenos and pickling juice, vinegar, scallions and cilantro in a medium bowl. Set aside.
    3. Meanwhile, heat the tortillas according to package directions; keep warm.
    4. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and sauté until cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
    5. To serve, place about ¾ cup of the coleslaw mixture into each warm tortilla and top immediately with 3-4 beef strips; roll to enclose.

Servings: 4 (2 tacos each)

Calories (w/o tortillas): 113 (in database)

Notes:
    *Add refried beans for some cling factor
    * Can add cheese, tomatoes, olives, etc for a little more nutrition.

** Coleslaw will get spicier the longer it sets, so be cautious with the jalapenos if you don’t like spicy food.

I use the low carb tortillas from Mission. Yum!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    No one has a favorite healthy recipe!?!? I am crushed.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I have a few..... but my fav is my breakfast one

cinnamonlicious french toast stix

2 slices of wonder light bread cut into strips
    1/3 cup of egg beaters
    splenda
    cinniamon
    1/2 o z torani sf vanilla suryp or 1/4 tsp vanilla

combine egg beaters with vanilla and some cinnimon, use egg mixture as an egg wash. and dip your bread into it. cook in a pan sprayed with non stick spray. when both sides are brown sprinkle splenda...and more cinn on top eat plain or top with sf jelly sf maple suryp berys or a light dusitng of powdard sugar.

120 cals 1 g fat 18 carbs 5g fiber 12 g protein 2 points
  • supersaver
    supersaver Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have one!

Southwestern Surprise:

4 ounces extra lean (10% of less fat) ground beef
    One 16-ounce package frozen sweet corn
    Two 15-ounce cans pinto beans
    One 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
    Three 14.5-ounce cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
    One 14.5-ounce can Italian-style diced tomatoes
    1 envelope taco seasoning mix
    1 envelope ranch dip/dressing mix
    1/4 cup minced onions
    Salt and black pepper, to taste

Pour the tomatoes and corn into a large pot. Add remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow soup to sit for at least 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Makes twelve 1-cup servings

Per serving: 168 calories, 1 g. fat, 702 mg sodium, 29 g carbs, 6.5 g fiber, 6 g sugars, 9 g protein

I love it! You can freeze any leftovers in single serve sizes.:happy:
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    muffins

they are not low fat, but low sugar. and very filling.
    1 cup flour
    1/4 cup ground flax meal
    1 cup splenda
    1/2 stick butter soft
    1/4 cup sour cream soft
    2 eggs
    1 tbs sugar free pudding chocolate
    1tbs sugar free chocolate syrup
    2tbs cocoa
    4 oz sugar free apple sauce
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda

mix all together and put into muffin tins, bake 15 mins on 350 done or until done. I eat one in the mornings for a carb, if i am sick of oatmeal. and have a fruit.
    at 11 I have 3 egg whites and a fruit/
    hope this helps, its one of our favorite snakes.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    All of them sound yummy! So adding to my collection!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I am bumpin myself....there's gotta be more favorite creations out there!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite things for brunch on the weekend. We used to have this with sausages, full fat cheese and whole eggs so I managed to keep the idea but make it a lot healthier and the kids actually enjoy it. I tried to figure out the calories and everything but seeing as there are so many options that you can change it would be too hard to figure out. I'll just give you the recipe the way I use it and then you can mold it from there:

Egg Bake
    (makes 2 servings)

2 slices Dempsters multigrain bread
    6 large egg whites (or equiv. in egg beaters if you prefer)
    1/8 cup milk
    veggies (anything you like in an omlet)
    fat free shaved ham or other very lean meat (optional)
    low fat (or fat-free if you can find it) cheese (optional)
    salt and/or pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x9 baking dish with no-stick spray. Cut or tear bread up into chunks (like you would for stuffing) and place in the bottom of a dish. Prepare your veggies (I like onion, green pepper and tomato) and layer over the bread. Beat egg whites, add milk and salt and pepper then beat a little more. Layer meat over veggies. Pour egg and milk mixture over top and let it soak in a bit. Sprinkle a little cheese on top and bake for 30 mins until cooked through and slightly browned.

I usually leave off the cheese and will sometimes add a little chicken breast rather than the ham as there's less salt.
  • MInnesotaNice
    Options
    I cut up these veggies and have a huge tupperware container ready to go always for the best pita bread veggie sandwiches! I love them so much and its easy to take out too, SO HEALTHY AND DELISH!!

I just cut up a bunch of

broccoli
    cauliflower
    green onion
    celery
    carrot

then when ready I mix in T Marzetti's light veggie dill dip (5gs fat per 2 tbsp) which is good for a whole sandwich

then put in a pita bread pocket!!

there are different kinds of pita bread, some with no fat at all..some with a small ammount and lots of protein, all yummy!!

hope you enjoy, I really do!! Every day!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Amandat - Oh, that sounds so good. I usually end up just eating cereal for breakfast but that would be a great one to make now and then for special occasions! Thanks!

Minnesotanice - I really need to be more like you. I never have veggies all cut (unless at school and I bought the pre-cut/packaged ones). I am trying to get more into eating pitas (note Pita Pit visit). I will have to try this over the summer!
  • MInnesotaNice
    Options
    seriously I think we are alike that's why I do it once a week so its always ready... I never thought I would like veggies but I crave this. Its so good I hope you try it, it makes me feel so good about myself its like too tasty!!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello Minn Nice...:smile:

I will cut up the veggies like you do and shop for the pitas for a handy snack or lunch.

Sharing what works is soooo helpful to us all!!

Thanks for caring :flowerforyou:

~Namaste
  • MInnesotaNice
    Options
    :blushing: Thanks Lavender lovely! I love all the support on this website! It's so great and motivating, Glad to help!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite things for brunch on the weekend. We used to have this with sausages, full fat cheese and whole eggs so I managed to keep the idea but make it a lot healthier and the kids actually enjoy it. I tried to figure out the calories and everything but seeing as there are so many options that you can change it would be too hard to figure out. I'll just give you the recipe the way I use it and then you can mold it from there:

Egg Bake
    (makes 2 servings)

2 slices Dempsters multigrain bread
    6 large egg whites (or equiv. in egg beaters if you prefer)
    1/8 cup milk
    veggies (anything you like in an omlet)
    fat free shaved ham or other very lean meat (optional)
    low fat (or fat-free if you can find it) cheese (optional)
    salt and/or pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x9 baking dish with no-stick spray. Cut or tear bread up into chunks (like you would for stuffing) and place in the bottom of a dish. Prepare your veggies (I like onion, green pepper and tomato) and layer over the bread. Beat egg whites, add milk and salt and pepper then beat a little more. Layer meat over veggies. Pour egg and milk mixture over top and let it soak in a bit. Sprinkle a little cheese on top and bake for 30 mins until cooked through and slightly browned.

I usually leave off the cheese and will sometimes add a little chicken breast rather than the ham as there's less salt.

Came home from the gym and for the life of me could not decide what to make for dinner...then I started browsing and this recipe jumped out at me. It's in the oven now...sooo excited to try it!

I'll report back.

Thanks for sharing!
  • julara
    julara Posts: 9
    Options
    I love this idea .. thanks

I sometimes cut up

Spinach
    Red Bell Peppers
    Mushrooms
    Add slices of string cheese on top

stuff in a pita

then microwave for about 30 seconds

You have a very low fat veggie pocket
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Just ate the egg bake and it was DELICIOUS!!!!

I didn't have any meat, and used Laughing Cow cheese crumbled over the casserole and it was YUMMY!

Keep the favorite recipes comin' and I'll keep eatin'!
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Oh! Just remembered I have my own favorite recipe. Without a doubt, one of my favorite snacks. It's adapted from an Alton Brown Power Bar recipe. I've tried tons of variations...once I forgot the peanut butter...another time I had no whole wheat flour and used whole wheat pancake batter lol...and it ALWAYS turns out great!

POWER BARS
    1/2 cup soy protein powder
    1/2 cup ground flax...or oat bran...or you can leave this out
    1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
    1/4 cup wheat germ
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 cup raisins
    1/2 cup dried cherries
    1/2 cup dried blueberries
    1/2 cup dried apricots...or any combo of dried fruit
    1 (12.3-ounce) package soft silken tofu
    1/2 cup unfiltered apple juice
    1/2 cup dark brown sugar
    2 large whole eggs, beaten
    2/3 cup natural peanut butter

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch glass baking dish with parchment paper and spray lightly. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the protein powder, oat bran, wheat flour, wheat germ, and salt. Set aside.

Coarsely chop the raisins, dried cherries, blueberries and apricots and place in a small bowl and set aside.

In a third mixing bowl, whisk the tofu until smooth. Add the apple juice, brown sugar, eggs, and peanut butter, 1 at a time, and whisk to combine after each addition. Add this to the protein powder mixture and stir well to combine. Fold in the dried fruit. Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish and bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 205 degrees F. Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into squares. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    Oooops...just realized that you wanted WW recipes. Mine's not! But here's the calorie info for the power bars.

154.01 Kilocalories
    21.08g Carbohydrates
    8.41g Protein
    4.79g Fat
    2.14g Fiber
    91.92mg Sodium
    17.7mg Cholesterol
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I don't mind where the recipe comes from, as long as it's yummy and a favortie of yours!
  • nelleybelley
    nelleybelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bourbon Chicken

Ingredients
    2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
    1-2 tablespoon olive oil
    1 garlic clove, crushed
    1/4 teaspoon ginger
    3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1/4 cup apple juice
    1/3 cup light brown sugar
    2 tablespoons ketchup
    1 tablespoon cider vinegar
    1/2 cup water
    1/3 cup soy sauce

Directions
    Heat oil in a large skillet.
    Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
    Remove chicken.
    Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
    Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
    Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
    Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 (132g)

Recipe makes 4 servings

Calories 268
    Calories from Fat 80 (29%)
    Amount Per Serving %DV
    Total Fat 8.9g 13%
    Saturated Fat 2.0g 10%
    Monounsaturated Fat 4.6g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1.6g
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Cholesterol 58mg 19%
    Sodium 1479mg 61%
    Potassium 342mg 9%
    Total Carbohydrate 23.3g 7%
    Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1%
    Sugars 21.5g
    Protein 23.6g 47%
    Vitamin A 172mcg 3%
    Vitamin B6 0.5mg 23%
    Vitamin B12 0.2mcg 3%
    Vitamin C 7mg 13%
    Vitamin E 0mcg 2%
    Calcium 35mg 3%
    Iron 1mg 10%

MY NOTES: I skip the red pepper and the oil- use cooking spray instead. If I have splenda brown sugar blend I use that instead. This is a good one for brown rice, but if I am watching my carbs- I just eat the chicken over salad greens. The chicken is so yummy- you don't even need dressing.