First Day Here

Options
I'm Heather. 30 years old, 5'9"...and 100 pounds. I'm in a unique situation...I have to gain a lot of weight. I have been severely underweight my whole life and it's finally causing health problems. To give you an idea if this problem: I had my 5th baby 4 months ago - gained 50 pounds with my pregnancy. Was in the hospital less than 24 hours and left 45 pounds lighter. It's disgusting.

Anyway, my doctor told me to get on this website and track my calories for a few weeks. If I'm getting enough calories and still losing weight, they're going to run more tests. There's got to be a reason for this...and it's about time I find out what's going on.

Replies

• ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I know that being underweight can be just as bad as being overweight. We are all here to live a healthier, happier lifestyle. That means that we support everyone no matter what their goals are. This is a great site to use to keep track of what you are eating. I am sure you will be surprised by what you are eating and how much of it you are eating. This is a great place for support no matter where you are headed. Good Luck.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it is your thyroid. I know two people who had issues with their thyroid after having children.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I just re-read your post that you've had this problem your whole life. My 18 year old daughter recently lost a lot of weight - we're seeing a nutritionist. My daughter drinks Boost during the day. I'm sorry to hear that it's causing you health problems.

I'll send you a friend request. I wish you the best of luck in your weight gain journey.
  • hmjensen13
    Options
    Yep I have to drink two Boost Plus's per day on top of eating at least 2200 calories. It sucks pretty bad.

Thank you for your kind words and support. :)