What do you guys normal do at the gym?

amandalynk
amandalynk Posts: 23 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
This is what I do,
1 or 2 miles on the treadmill, fast walking or jogging..
then 50 crunches on the ab workout thing.
then i do the bike for 10-15 minutes.
and then the treadmill again for maybe half a mile to a mile.
then the sauna for 5-10 minutes,

What do you guys do?
Any successful tips for me?
Add me if you'd like

Replies

• robeeen
    robeeen Posts: 15
    Day 1: 30 min of Cardio, Arm Strength Training and abs
    Day 2: 30 min of cardio, Leg Strength training.
    Day 3: 45 min or more of cardio
    Day 4: nothing at the gym, instead I will walk outside or something
    Repeat.

I do what is gonna keep me going. I found that if I over do it, the more I dread the gym and the easier to stop going ;)
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Hello!

I've got a dodgy back, so no impact stuff (running) and I'm currently off the resistance machines (cardio only), so what I generally do:

25 mins lateral cross trainer + 15 mins static bike -or- 40 mins normal elliptical cross trainer
    10-15 mins stretching and lower ab exercises
    10 mins soak in the hydrotherapy spa pools :-)
    10 mins in steam room
    10 min walk to and from the gym.

Oh, and I try to vary the programs on the machines.

My burn target for a session is 400-500 cals and I try to do 3 or 4 sessions a week.

My goals are to lose weight and regain strength and mobility in my back - both seem to be progressing nicely :-)
  • Cardio 7 days a week 45 mins between 65-75% of maximum heart rate first thing in the morning.

Weight training in the evening 4 times a week.

It's a lot, but this is normal for me until I reach my goals. Then I'll do less. Desire to change needs to be greater than the desire to stay the same.
  • rbbb99
    rbbb99 Posts: 2
    First post! I lift weights 3 times a day, monday is chest, wednesday is bis/tris and friday is back/traps/shoulders. Normally after my weights I will do some intervals on the rowing machine. On tue/thur/sat I will usually do about half an hour of interval training the rower and sunday I rest! As you can tell, I love the rower lol.
This discussion has been closed.