Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi ! Im Celeste

Hi Everyone. I'm Celeste. I am a 29 year old mother of one boy who is now 3 years old. I started my weight loss journey beginning of Aug 2010. After spending some time with my son and his friends at a small amusement park and trying to get on the teacup rides with him and I didn't fit, I cried. At that moment I decided I had enough. I went an talked to my doctor (twice) and decided to take some medication he was offering me (phentermine) that is only offered to severely obese patients to assist them in loosing weight. So with the medication, hard work and a lot determination since Aug 2010 I have lost about 70 lbs. Its not easy and I have my set backs. I would be further had I not got sick in December. But that is okay, set backs are bound to happen but I just push harder at the gym. It is hard with my family all around me eating junk and what not but every time I see my son I have to fight that much harder. I fight to ensure I am healthy and around for him as long as possible and I fight to ensure that my son isn't judged on his "fat" mom that he is judged on who he is. I want to be able to go on class trips with him and not being an embarrassment to my son. I want him to want to be around with his friends and not have to worry that he is going to be picked on. I want him to be able to be him and be judge on who he is, not who his mom is. So here I am 29 years old started my weight loss journey at 327 lbs and this morning 1/6/11 I am at 257.6 (up a lb from yesterday though I have to say my period is probably to blame and lack of any worth while work out yesterday) so I am getting there. I am busting my hump in the hopes that I can lose this weight and get healthy and be a sexy woman that my family is proud of and that I am proud of. Thanks for reading and Im sure this is a long intro but I guess I just have a lot to say.