Motivation needed from fellow 5'4" members

Options
Does anybody have before and afters of a 5'4" small framed woman?

I'm about 140 pounds now, which for my frame is a lot. My goal weight is 110 (which I've been kind of close to before, but have never actually hit in my adult life). I could really use some motivation. I'm trying to hit my peak physically fit form. I want to know what kind of change this looks like.

Thanks in advance everyone :) xoxo

Replies

• JeanMargaret
    Options
    I hope you don't beat me up, b/c I'm not 5'4", BUT I wanted to share what I do. I look up Figure/Bikini competitors that are the same height as me and man, oh man - that provides some mega motivation. Again, that's just me. But maybe, it could help you too. I wish you luck!

*smiles*

Jean
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't beat me up, b/c I'm not 5'4", BUT I wanted to share what I do. I look up Figure/Bikini competitors that are the same height as me and man, oh man - that provides some mega motivation. Again, that's just me. But maybe, it could help you too. I wish you luck!

*smiles*

Jean

That's a great idea! Thanks :)
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 4 but I would never go below 130lb personally because it is way too thin for me. Last time I was 130 I was getting comments about being anorexic! I guess if you are young then you might be ok. I know I don't want to be smaller than a 8 - 10 uk.
  • veggiegirl314
    Options
    I'm not 5'4, but I'm close! 5'5. My starting weight was 135, and I want to go down to 120.
  • lpritchard
    Options
    I am a bit older than you but I am 5'4", barely. I started at 138lbs and now I am around 130-129. I work out hard 3 times a week with an additional 3 30 minute sessions of cardio. I thin the important thing to remember as you get closer to you goal weight is not the lbs but how you look. I am amazed at how flat my stomach is and my problem areas of butt and thighs are taking shape nicely. You gain muscle weight the leaner you get. Remember, how do your clothes fit and are you on a regiement that you can maintain. If not you will gain it back. You are fining tuning the last 5 lbs. I am sure you look fantastic.
    Good luck!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and also small framed. I was 155 when I started here and now I'm 118. I'm going to try to take a little more off, I was thinking about 112. Before I had my daughter I was about 105. Too small. I think 112 is practical and even though I don't live by BMI, it's is considered a healthy weight for our height. I suck at posting pictures so I don't have any to show you, sorry. Oh I also have small breasts, which does make a little differnce. If you are larger on top you might want to set that goal weight a bit higher
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and also small framed. I was 155 when I started here and now I'm 118. I'm going to try to take a little more off, I was thinking about 112. Before I had my daughter I was about 105. Too small. I think 112 is practical and even though I don't live by BMI, it's is considered a healthy weight for our height. I suck at posting pictures so I don't have any to show you, sorry. Oh I also have small breasts, which does make a little differnce. If you are larger on top you might want to set that goal weight a bit higher

Thanks, I agree. My goal is 110-115, I, too am pretty small on top.. and my bones are pretty far under a layer of fat currently. Lol. I'm at the upper range for a healthy BMI right now, and I would like to be on the lower end. :) Congrats on what you've done so far! I can't wait till I'm there, too!!
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 4 but I would never go below 130lb personally because it is way too thin for me. Last time I was 130 I was getting comments about being anorexic! I guess if you are young then you might be ok. I know I don't want to be smaller than a 8 - 10 uk.

I should have probably said my collar bones and shoulders and bottom of ribs already show at the weight I am. When I was 130 they REALLY were defined along with every rib!
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    Options

I should have probably said my collar bones and shoulders and bottom of ribs already show at the weight I am. When I was 130 they REALLY were defined along with every rib!

wow, sounds like you know a good weight for you then! my bones are definitely way in there still when i'm at 130, unfortunately :( It's weird how different bodies of even the same height and similar weight can be. I have a super small frame, though, most of my family does.
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    Options
    I carry a lot of weight at my hips and thighs. :(
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I'm your height and medium framed. I started at 170 and got down to 125-128, depending on the day. I'd like to lose a couple more then put on some more muscle. See the pics in my profile for before, during and after. Good luck!
  • Rachaely
    Rachaely Posts: 113
    Options

I'm about 140 pounds now, which for my frame is a lot. My goal weight is 110 (which I've been kind of close to before, but have never actually hit in my adult life). I could really use some motivation. I'm trying to hit my peak physically fit form. I want to know what kind of change this looks like.

I'm biased because I know you ;) But I personally think that 110 is too light for your frame. You do have a small frame, I agree, but I think that 115-120 is perfect. Listen to the advice you're getting though; it's how your clothes feel, not what the scale says. For example...my goal was 140 (to lose 10 pounds). I've lost 8.5 and don't feel anywhere CLOSE to how I WANT to feel. So I know I need to lose more. That's the opposite of the advice I'm giving you...but you get the idea.

<3
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    Options

I'm biased because I know you ;) But I personally think that 110 is too light for your frame. You do have a small frame, I agree, but I think that 115-120 is perfect. Listen to the advice you're getting though; it's how your clothes feel, not what the scale says. For example...my goal was 140 (to lose 10 pounds). I've lost 8.5 and don't feel anywhere CLOSE to how I WANT to feel. So I know I need to lose more. That's the opposite of the advice I'm giving you...but you get the idea.

<3

Lol.. Yeah. I'm not going to FORCE myself down if I'm happy at 120 or 115. I just have been at 120 before, and wasn't happy. I've been happy with my muscle tone before at 120, but not with my fat content. That's why I'm assuming 110 would be good, but 115 might be too.. I won't know for sure till I get there. I was 125 when we did that swimwear shoot, if that clues you in at all... I still definitely had definite problem areas.. :P

How much more do you want to lose? Or do you not know..? xoxo
  • Rachaely
    Rachaely Posts: 113
    Options
    Lol.. Yeah. I'm not going to FORCE myself down if I'm happy at 120 or 115. I just have been at 120 before, and wasn't happy. I've been happy with my muscle tone before at 120, but not with my fat content. That's why I'm assuming 110 would be good, but 115 might be too.. I won't know for sure till I get there. I was 125 when we did that swimwear shoot, if that clues you in at all... I still definitely had definite problem areas.. :P

How much more do you want to lose? Or do you not know..? xoxo

You looked beautiful at that shoot! Another 15 might be too much...but just stay healthy! My problem is not getting obsessed, but tracking calories helps, because it actually helps me to eat more if I need it. In the past, dieting = anorexia for me. Now I'm a lot better.

Well let's see. At my lowest (in adult life) in college, I was about 130 with probably 10% body fat. Ridiculously thin. I know that isn't practical. I was 130 but LOOKED 115-120. At my highest, I was 150, and at the high end of my body fat range for my height. I aimed for 140 and it wasn't enough. So I'll probably try for 135 and see how that is. I started lifting again so that should help! And I got Zumba for Wii. Have to try that too.
  • If you go to mybobygallery.com you can search pictures by pant size, shirt size, weight, height. etc. I use it to gauge how much I want to lose :)
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    Options
    If you go to mybobygallery.com you can search pictures by pant size, shirt size, weight, height. etc. I use it to gauge how much I want to lose :)

Thanks!! :) I'll definitely check it out!!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    i'm 5'3 and my goal is 125-130 i've been 120 before and i looked kinda sickly so i'm going to hit 130 and see where i go from there
  • SunniGirl143
    Options
    I feel you! I am 5'4" and currently about 136..want to get to 120-125 which I haven't seen sine puberty- but I know it's do-able and wouldn't be too far off into the Questionable Weight category. I'm proud of my curves and "booty' - My husband would hate if I lost the booty! I'm here for you and would love to be friends to see where we can go!
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 5'4" and small framed also. I started at 137 also alot for me. I had two chins, lol. My goal is 110 also. I am 1.9 lbs off from it as of today. Its taken a few months and alot of exercise, but is worth for my clothes not to fit in a good way. You can do it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!