I know I can't spot reduce but...

20carrots
20carrots Posts: 279 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I am definitely turning in to an apple shape! Is there anything extra I can do to target the weight around my tummy? I've never had kids, this is just my shape and I want to get it in check before I do get pregnant. Any help?

Replies

• Increase your cardio. That is the best way to begin to target fat in general, otherwise you're just losing weight, more of which will be valuable muscle weight (which burns more resting calories than fat). Increase your protein to carbohydrate ration and up the cardio and start lifting weights.

I'm a very thin person now (begna at a size 14, now a 2/4) and I still have a larger bottom half. Sometimes it is just our shape -- embrace it!
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    I'm really not sure what all could help that but I do know doing cardio exercises can slim down the tummy. Start walking and increase pace gradually. Running is a great way to get rid of unwanted belly fat as well as any intense cardio, but you have to work up to it! It will take a while as there are no quick fixes when it comes to long term weight loss. Good luck! Friend me if you want and let me know if you need any help or anything!
  • shauns1
    shauns1 Posts: 16
    I'm interested in this also, as my tummy is where I store most of my fat, but after researching (and trying to ignore all the get a six pack in 2 weeks scams) It seems that you can't target a fat area, and sadly any muscle toning you might achieve is hidden under it too, (which can make you look a little more pot bellied for a while if your doing abs exercises)

I hope there is a solution, even if only a way to increase the chance a small bit, but I'm guessing I'll just have to keep at the Cardio exercises and running and let nature do it's stuff :)
This discussion has been closed.