Hey all

Options
I wanted to see if I was going to be dedicated to this before introducing myself.

I now know I will be dedicated because I simply love this site, and I'm ready to introduce myself to everyone.

I'm 38 years old, I live in upper northeast Tennessee and I'm attempting to lose weight THE RIGHT WAY this time. In years past, my most successful diet was Atkins. It really worked for me. I lost 100 lbs in 7 months. The problem? I lost 100lbs of muscle lol. I didn't exercise and I didn't drink water.. what was left was me.. tired, kidneys burning like hellfire and grouchy as..well, very grouchy.

It took 5 years to gain half that weight back, so overall, as for the numbers, Atkins was a success for the most part, but the thought of going back on it, as serious as I once was.. is simply out of the question.

This time, I am going to lose weight the right way, cut down on calories, increase the exercise and lose it slowly.

I'd like to meet people who have the same goals because if I know I have to "Answer to" someone, that will help me choose the right foods and get my butt to the gym when I can.

Thanks!

Replies

• Caesar4less
    Options
    Hey Bored ....

I'm in the same boat ... took 2 years off of healthy eating and activity - but even the smallest amount of time can cause trouble ... trying to gain my old self back and self esteem ... I'm going to get back to where I was one step at a time - it might take longer than the two years that I took off - but I will get there. .. good luck - and let me know if you need some motivation ... I sure can ...
  • jratcliff82
    Options
    I'll keep ur *kitten* in line! LOL! ur doing really good, im proud of u....and ur bum foot! :-)