I need to lose at least 50/60lbs i love this site

Options
Hi everyone i have been using this site for a few days now and think its great.iam wanting to lose at least 50/60lbs just to be healthier really i was told on 30th dec i have breast cancer and go for surgery on 28th jan but that isnt going to stop me getting healthier which i decided to do before i was told about the cancer

Replies

• rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your diagnosis with breast cancer. By the sounds of it you have a great attitude and that is half the battle. You can beet this. Your half way there. This is a great site for support. Add me as a friend if you wish and good luck with the surgery. I'll be praying for you. Liliane
  • SailorBoyFoster
    Options
    Good Luck with everything, I like your mindset and you have a great attitude. Keep working hard! I will pray for you :smile:
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are with you with your diagnosis and pending surgery, but the good news is that many of the post-recovery nutrition recommendations that aid in recovery (e.g., easy on the processed sugar; low fat, high fiber, plenty of water. . . .) are also the lifestyle changes that lead to weight loss success!

My mother lost about 50 lbs over 9 months following her double mastectomy. She used to tell people, "the first 12 lbs came off literally overnight!"

You can do it!
  • tokays72
    Options
    I need to loose 50lbs myself. After years of being into fitness and personal growth I met a man who gave me two beautiful children but sucked the life out of me. I left him five years ago but all that weight is still hanging around.
    I hope that your surgery is a success and that you have a full recovery.
  • theatr3geek
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. As far as weight loss goes, it sounds like you are determined at ready to work! And this site if FULL of people who support and are in it with you.
    Feel free to add me!
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love your amazing outlook and determination, especially during this difficult time. May the grace of God be by your side, every step of the way. I did the Komen 3 Day walk last year, and it changed my life. (I'm not a survivor, I just did it because I can, and there are so many that can't). If you'd like to 'friend' me, I would love to be there for you and support you during your journey :happy:

:flowerforyou: Leslie
  • okgirly
    okgirly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Please feel free to add me as a friend! I would love to encourage you through your weight loss journey and and will be praying for you as you go through the breast cancer journey as well. :o)