Elliptical?

btrflyflutter
btrflyflutter Posts: 68 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm going to buy an Elliptical....there are so many out there online that I'm confused!!! Anyone out there own one or does anyone have a suggestion of what brand is a good brand? I'm not rich so I was thinking $3-400 max price...can I even get a decent one for that price range?

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00623955000P?sid=IAx20090815x000001&aff=Y

A friend of mine bought one of these from sears and I tried it and its pretty good. I personally love the gym and payig for the best equipment but this is a awesome price =)...Nordic Track always has a good name
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    You'll most likely be getting one that has magnetic resistance and no programs. Personally, I don't like magnetic resistance machines. I really only like the $5000 Precor machines, which is why I have a gym membership instead of a home machine.
  • jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    I love my Elliptical!!

I have a Proform -- it's a pretty good brand. If it's going to be your main form of cardio, I would suggest spending another $1-200 (if you can). This is one thing where you get what you pay for. The first one I got at K-mart for about 150, and the second one I got from an ad I saw on TV for about 250 -- it was a little better than the first, but they both started falling apart after about a year.

The Proform, I got 4 years ago. It still works great, but I hear some knocking -- it think it's in the flywheel and I can't figure out how to get the assembly apart so I can take a look. But, that's ok -- I plan to get a new one next year, probably a little better grade than this one (not sure which brand, but I may stick w/Proform).

Also, look for sales --- sometimes the more expensive ones go on sale. I found my Proform at ****'s sporting goods for $499 and it was $699 regular price.

Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • eshyay
    eshyay Posts: 18
    I don't own one - have only used them in the gym - but I must say they are my favourite piece of gym equipment, and if I were going to buy anything for use at home it'd be an elliptical for sure!
  • I have a Pro-Form XP160. I love it!! It's really great and it's in the price range that you are looking for. I have had mine for about 4 years now and it's still going strong. It has many different settings for cross training and different resistance levels too. I can't brag enough on it- I'm so happy I made the leap. I was contemplating a treadmill but I went with the Elliptical and I'm so glad I did.
This discussion has been closed.