New to here

Options
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi as i'm new here though not new to dieting/training. Need to get in shape for competetive 10Km running again. (last year i did pretty much nothing after getting married and my wife falling pregnant and as a consequence i put on a whopping 56lbs!!) So its pretty much here we go again.

Feel free to say hi, particularly if you live near aldershot in the UK

Replies

• mommyfirst77
    Options
    Welcome aboard~
  • chrissypro
    Options
    Hi, I have been part of myfitnesspal now for about two months but haven't got involved in the message boards much. I am going through an unexpected difficult divorce. I have lost 50 pounds since June and have about another 43 more to go. I am feeling much better but definitely have my up and down days with the divorce. I was married for 22 years when my husband decided he was done and headed out the door into another life. A sort of mid life crisis, mental break if you will. Anyway, needless to say having your husband date a 29 year old really takes a hit to your self esteem. I know I look better than I have the last six months and am on my way to a new life. Still grieving the old one. It's hard....two kids 13 and 17 are struggling because their dad is more interested in another life than them. OK, so I need support....anyone who has been there done that please send me words of encouragement. Today is one of those, cry at the drop of a hat days.
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I hear running takes the weight off fast!
    Good luck!
  • kkyishkkii
    Options
    If you ever wanna have a chat gimme a buzz, happy to lend an ear
  • kkyishkkii
    Options
    If you ever wanna have a chat gimme a buzz, happy to lend an ear