Pedometer

briegger
briegger Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have a cheap pedometer I got yrs ago from McDonalds (of all places!) with a salad! I didn't think it was doing it right (not calculating enough steps) so I went to a Running Store and bought a Timex for about $20 and now that one seems like it's calculating too many steps. What the heck am I doing wrong? I'm a fairly intelligent person and love technology. I've been all over the internet trying to figure out if I didn't count my stride right or putting it on my waist in the right spot but all seems just fine. HELP!!

Replies

• justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    I have the same problem so I stopped using mine. I hope you can figure it out!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    maybe wear one on each hip and split the difference? LOL

I don't know much about pedometers :)
  • That's so funny that you suggested that because I totally did that!! I didn't necessarily split the difference, I just wanted to see the difference between the two. So, in one hour on the McD's one I did 600 steps and on the Timex one, I did 1300??? Weird!! I downloaded a pedometer onto my ipod called Pedometer FREE by Viaden or something. The only thing is that I'd like to have it on me all day and I've only had it on for 2 hrs and my battery is all most dead. URGH!! This one seems very correct so maybe I just calibrate the other two to meet this one and call it good??

Thanks for the tips ladies!!
This discussion has been closed.