First Week Success!

Options
Hello MFPers! This first week was tough but awesome! I lost 6 pounds and for the first time ever have a little confidence that something is actually going to work! I am wondering if it is bad to be 200 or so calories under some days? They always put a little disclaimer down there when I am... yet somewhat congratulate you for being under your calorie goal in other ways. So... good or bad? I'm confused. I have found I am MUCH happier controlling all of my food intake at home especially now in the beginning. We went to a wedding reception last night (and I don't have a portable calorie index yet)... and I felt totally out of control...so I ate little to nothing and felt bummed I couldn't enjoy the food everyone else was. Other than that... it has been good so far. I wish I could make time go faster... but... it will all be worth it if I just keep at it! I feel blessed to have found MFP. Good luck to everyone else! :):wink:

Replies

• JeanMargaret
    Options
    I do know, generally, it's not good to be under 1200 calories - period. So, is that when you're seeing a disclaimer? Like, okay...my calorie limit is 1800 (something). If I come in at 1500 or 1600, I don't receive the disclaimer message, b/c I'm still above 1200. So, if you're coming in under 1200, that's not healthy. It's something about not being enough to sustain just regular daily living; not to mention if you add in exercise.

Anyway, I hope this helps. BTW - welcome, welcome & congrats!!!

*smiles*

Jean
  • kristakayklein
    Options
    1200 is my limit... when I exercise it goes higher depending on how many calories I burned working out.
  • kristakayklein
    Options
    AND.... THANK YOU for the welcome and the congrats! :)
  • jlmnk1313
    jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey I posted a similiar post a few days ago! Most people stated that 1200 was where you were suppose to be but a few said 1000 was fine too! I am always under and I get that lovely red message too lol I lost 7.1 lbs in the first week and everyone talked about how it was water weight! Don't let anyone discourage you on that because as far as I see it I don't care if it is water, fat or air it is gone lol Good luck on your weightloss journey if you need a little extra encouragement feel free to friend me! Keep up your good work! You are doing great! As long as your are eating well dont' get too discouraged about anything else!
  • kristakayklein
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words! It really helps having all of the support on here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!