Getting New Sneakers

addie807
addie807 Posts: 32
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
After my next paycheck, I plan on getting myself some new sneakers for my exercising. Anyone know of a good brand to get?

Replies

• cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    I'm a female 5'4" 172 lbs and I like ascics! I got the gels because I can run and do aerobics.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    I love Asics too
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    i would like to know that myself most times when i buy tham i am so cheap 12.00 at wal-mart but if theri really good comfy i would go higher
  • I've had good experience with both new balance and adidas. I can never afford them full price, but they're often located in discount stores like Marshalls or TJ Maxx.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    I usually go for new balance as well. Try discount shoe stores to get them cheaper. We have Altier's and Famous Footwear here and they both carry them for much less than the original price
  • LetItBe4Sanity
    LetItBe4Sanity Posts: 41 Member
    My mom has Asics and she loves them! They were recommended to her by some coworkers. For me, I got Sketcher's Tone Ups... not because of the "gimmick" but because they're hella comfortable, and I've actually read places that if you wear them while exercising, they give you an extra "oomph" that allows your leg muscles to work a little bit harder (like walking/running in sand). For a typical shoe, I'd recommend the Asics. They're tried and proven. But I really like mine too :)
  • nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    go to a running store and gt fitted for your type of gait (the way you walk). Then you can get shoes that support your feet and body properly to prevent injuries. You can have them suggest a bunch of different shoes and then watch for them to go on sale.... or have them suggest some shoes that are last years models that are already on sale!

Seriously, this small step can prevent ALOT of injuries!
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    I love Asics and my husband swears by New Balance.
This discussion has been closed.