Suppliments for vegitarian/vegan?

Curves73
Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Hi all,
I am a vegitarian( I still eat eggs and fish) I just quit Dairy on Monday. Just wondering what suppliments everyone takes. Thanks.

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    I take
    Raw One by Vitamin Code
    Vega protein powder

Just make sure you get in enough B-12 everyday. I've been a vegetarian for my entire life....just be careful about your supplements and intake.
  • I take Life Brand Optimum - High Potency MultiVitamin. I got it from Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.. I don't know where you're from.. but it had more iron in it than the others I've seen..

You probably need to make sure to get extra B Vitamins, extra Iron, and Calcium to help absorb the Iron. Also, taking an Amino Acid helps with your proteins.

I talked to a pharmacist recently and this is what she told me (she was a veggie too!)

:)
  • Hi, I'm not a total vegetarian yet, but I have cut a lot of meat out of my diet and mostly eat fruits and vegetables as part of my atleast 50% raw diet. Every morning for breakfast I make a smoothie with 1 tbsp spirulina, 2 tsp chorella, 1/2 cup organic vanilla soy milk, 1/2 cup tropicana orange juice with calcium and vitamin d, 1/3 cup stoneyfield farms organic strawberry yogurt, and an organic banana, along with any other fruit I buy that week (strawberries, pineapple, frozen organic berries). From this breakfast I take in 21 grams of protein 69 carbs along with all the other nutrients. This fills my 20 oz smoothie bottle, and makes me feel great in the morning and keeps me nourished until lunch. I get my spirulina from znaturals.com but i recently bought the cholorella at nutsonline.com which had better prices, although i'm not sure it's organic, but they way they grow it is free from pollutants. Any questions feel free to ask!
  • Also, for vitamins I take B100, and a magnesium calcium and zinc combo.
This discussion has been closed.