Time for Change

Options
Theres never been a better time for me to change, I found out on New Years Eve that im due to be a Daddy, so ive 7months to change my life and get rid of the weight for good.

have anyone else had this challenge? I feel if I cant do it now I never will, especially when I think about my child potentially losing a Dad early on in life, so theres no way im failing this time.

Replies

• WeightLossTrek
    Options
    Knowing exactly why you are pursuing your goal is a big key to success. So, it sounds like you're already have a solid foundation to build on.

Good Luck
  • stereomad
    Options
    its not for me anymore (well it is also) but ive coasted along far too long without a care, not I have a purpose I wanna be able to keep up with my child when playing soccer (im sure its a boy!!!!)

have a good few lbs to lose but 7 months is a good enough time to change!
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I lost my dad when he was 56 and I was 22 because he was overweight and incredibly unhealthy. I wasn't terribly young, but I was young enough. My father never met my husband, his granddaughter, he never walked me down the aisle and he never danced with me at my wedding. Although I have moved on these are things I'll always be devastated about. I decided to lose weight for my child, and I think it's wonderful to hear that you are doing the same thing. It already speaks loads about how great of a father you will be.
  • stereomad
    Options
    awww thanks thats very nice of you to say and im glad that you have done it as well for the same reason. I too lost my Dad when I was young (13) - he wasnt that much overweight but was incredibly unhealthy and them habits have sort of stuck with me (Im not blaming him its my own fault, more so as I know more about health than he did at that time and theres far more written about it now than 15 years ago when he died)

ive always wanted to have children of my own and I think it has spurned me to change my ways. its not all about me anymore and its funny at the moment the best way I can show my love to my child is by changing my life for the better so I have as much time on this earth as possible to look after the people I love
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    That's lovely.