New Years Resolution!

Options
Hello everyone! I just saw this forum last night so I figured that I should introduce myself. I've been using MyFitnessPal now for 2 weeks and so far, I've lost 2 pounds on it. I used to be a ballerina and was very active during my high school and early twenties. Then, the video game bug hit and I became the typical couch potato. I've been that way for a few years now and recently, stress, lack of enjoyment with my job, and always eating out for office lunches caused me to go from being a size 4 to a size 12 in less than a year. I just turned 30 and with the loss of my job, I figured what better way to try to change things.

Granted, I'm still in the upper portion of my normal weight range for my height, I'm not happy. Before using this application, I didn't realize just how many calories I was eating a day, especially in terms of eating out at restaurants. I was blown away once I started logging, and realized just how much we are putting in our mouths. With the start of the new year, I decided that something had to be done and I just happened to find this app for my iphone. I also joined a gym and have been doing Zumba 4 times a week. I'm not really one to enjoy working out on machines and get bored easily but I love Zumba. It gets me out of the house and I feel good doing it.

Good luck to everyone just starting out there and also to those who have already started the process. If anyone needs a friend or someone to support them along, feel free to add me as a friend or send me a message. As I said earlier, I did lose my job in November so I have all the time in the world to keep you going. I'm not giving up any time soon and I hope that you don't either!:smile::smile: