Victorious Fitness Challenge. . .June 1st

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
I'm back. It's always good to be back and good to leave.

I was browsing through the recent posts, and it's amazing what happens in two weeks!

There's a new thing called "report post" - I guess there's been issues with some posts? I saw some new emoticons (or whatever those face things are called), but I don't see them in my choices.

V - I would love to just do yoga rather than weights. I think it's better for your joints, but haven't seen the gains that I do in weight training. Let me know how that goes.
Julie - did you get 30 day shred yet?
WL - did you get the job with spike tv?
AD - what happened with your mom?

I only went back a few days, and I had all these questions.

So my trip was great. I stupidly got a slight burn on the top of my feet (a Texan should know better) - but otherwise, I'm nicely darker. I rode a really fun bike on the beach and will post pictures. Had great weather only to return to a 99 degree day - and some yard work - yuck. I exercised everyday - and may have had some weight loss :bigsmile: - but I'm waiting for my body to adjust back to normal before counting it.

Hope all is well with all of you!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I'm back. It's always good to be back and good to leave.

I was browsing through the recent posts, and it's amazing what happens in two weeks!

There's a new thing called "report post" - I guess there's been issues with some posts? I saw some new emoticons (or whatever those face things are called), but I don't see them in my choices.

V - I would love to just do yoga rather than weights. I think it's better for your joints, but haven't seen the gains that I do in weight training. Let me know how that goes.
    Julie - did you get 30 day shred yet?
    WL - did you get the job with spike tv?
    AD - what happened with your mom?

I only went back a few days, and I had all these questions.

So my trip was great. I stupidly got a slight burn on the top of my feet (a Texan should know better) - but otherwise, I'm nicely darker. I rode a really fun bike on the beach and will post pictures. Had great weather only to return to a 99 degree day - and some yard work - yuck. I exercised everyday - and may have had some weight loss :bigsmile: - but I'm waiting for my body to adjust back to normal before counting it.

Hope all is well with all of you!

Mary
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Welcome back Mary! I did get The Shred-watched it yesterday and will start it tomorrow. Did alot of yardwork today. Sorry about your feet & that bike looks really cool! I'm glad you had a good time and I'm also glad you're back:flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    MARY! YAYYYYYYYYY!

We missed you!!!! Tell us more about the trip!! What was the high point?

LOVE the photo with the beach bike -- that looks so fun!

I did not get the Spike gig -- thanks for remembering! I'm currently deciding between two projects right now -- following polar bears around the Arctic Circle OR a show on ABC called "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." Much to mull over!

I'm glad to hear you lost some lbs! I did as well. Not sure if it was the exercise cycling (which was REALLY hard for me, keeping within calories on light days) or just training smarter with my HRM but I'm feeling great and am down 2 more lbs.

Okay, onward:

Yesterday:
    ~ Worked out HARD at the gym, doing a circuit/ cardio cornucopia. Burned 900 cals.
    ~ Kept within my calories, and kept them healthy
    ~ Limited myself to one drink on a date
    ~ Took my vitamins

Today:
    ~ Just did a light 20 minutes on the elliptical, but had to leave the gym early. I'll be back again tonight -- I'm still trying to burn 900 today.
    ~ Eat within my calories and eat healthily
    ~ Take my vitamins
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just got back from dance class. The doc. essentially told me Friday either "much lighter weights" or "more calisthenic-type strength moves" without weights. So, push-ups are cool, and tricep dips, etc. I'm apparently having serious troubles with my shoulders and back muscles. (I'm getting patches of "scar tissue" and my muscles are spasming) The doctor continues to say the annoying phrase "there's nothing actually wrong with you, just fibro. and cmfps". I wish he could trade bodies for a day with me. I try not to complain, because to me that's living in the pain, but this is being sucky lately. It's apparently also a joint issue, as I now have arthritis symptoms in my chest and shoulders. . .hooray! But, if it's a choice between my 10 pound dumbells and staying off of pain meds, well, see-ya, dumbells. . .

Anyways, I did an hour and a half of dance (too much talking on the instructor's part "lost" me about a hundred calories that I normally burn.) I walked home and back, and later I'm doing a short pilates thing to stretch out and hopefully get a stronger core and back. (apparently all the rows weren't cutting it).

The new smileys are from an outside site. I'm always leery of playing around with "free downloads" from anywhere, but that's just me. Also, apparently it's possible to put photographs in posts. I'm starting to miss words, I guess. . .:wink:

I'm glad you're back, Mary, and glad you had a good time. Mike also posted some new "forum rules", which state essentially that personal attacks will not be tolerated. There have been a few "kill the messenger" sort of exchanges. . .I think the rules are a "sticky" in general discussion.:flowerforyou:

OOOOOOH.......I vote for polar bears! That is too cool.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Um, yeah the bike is cool, but did anyone else notice how little Mary is getting?!?!?! I personally like the back-walkover pic!

V- Fibro-schmibro, you can do it girl. Don't let that excuse (although very valid) to lay motionless win! You go get-em :drinker:

WL- My vote is for home makeover, 'cause isn't Ty an exercise nut? Maybe you could pick up a few of his tricks!

I had a good workout last night after spending all day with a puking 2 year old. He got some sort of virus and was miserable, slept almost all day, didn't eat a thing until almost 5pm, and then was his normal chipper self. Thank God. These are the things no one prepares new parents to handle.

I will do another hour on the gazelle tonight!