Mom looking for other moms that want to lose weight and enco

Options
Hey everyone! I am a mother of 3. I love my kiddo's so much but the pregnancy's have really taken it's toll on my body! I am wanting to loss about 100 lbs! Wow hard to write that! I have been on here for about a week and I have lost 7.1 lbs so far! I am so motivated to lose this weight for myself, my kids and my husband! Friend me if you want to support each other! I can use all I can get! Good luck all on your weightloss journey!!!! :)

Replies

• agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    HEY!

I'm a mom, as well. I have only one child right now, but my husband and I are planning for possibly one or two more in the future. My limit is 3!!! LOL!

I want to lose 50+lbs right now. One, to feel better about myself and prove that I CAN do it, and two, to have a healthier pregnancy next time around. I am going to try not to gain 60lbs again during my next pregnancy, either.

I'm 22, my daughter will be turning 2 on the 2nd of next month. I've been married for 3 years. :love:

What steps are you taking to lose the weight..

Oh, and excellent first week. I lost 5.6 my first week, but I know that my weight loss will start to slow here soon. The best thing I can do is not get discouraged!
  • runpiggyrun
    Options
    wow hun 7.1lb is fab. Your not alone pregnancy hit me hard in my 30's. I had two in my 20's and my body sprung back to size 10. after 30 well didnt happen. I have 4 daughters and I need to lose about 50lbs or just over. So be fab to have support and motivation and to share hi's and low's xxxx good luck hun x
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 4 and have about 150 - 165 to lose (wow). I have lost about 30, been on here since Oct serious since Nov. I totally understand where you are coming from. Welcome to MFP! I will send you a friend request:)
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I understand you totally. I am a mother of two. I have been heavy all my life pretty much but I have really ballooned up since I have had my boys. I started at about 300 lbs when I started my weight loss journey but I weighted 264 when I started on here. I have dropped 35 lbs so far but I still have another 50 to lose. I understand how hard it is to say that you need to lose 100 lbs because I have been living it. I would love to be friends and motivate each other. Welcome to MFP and good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    I am also mother of 3, I gained about 80 pounds with my first daughter (she is 21 now) and never took it off. lol I guess I have to stop blaming her for my weight.

I too just started too; lost 6 pounds in my first week, have 76 to go to my goal.

We can all do this together. I am gonna friend you.
  • key03
    key03 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi there, I'm a mum of four and new to MFP as well, and desperate to lose the weight, I also have a 6 month old grandson who I would love to be able to run after (when he's walking that is lol) my eldest son is 21 next month and my youngest is 4 so big age gap, it just seems like I have spent the last 21 years gradually putting weight on....time for a change me thinks!!!

I hope you succeed in losing your weight and reaching your goal, I need to lose around 10st so a huge amount of weight to go and this is just the beginning of my journey,

good luck jlmnk1313

Key xxx
  • jlmnk1313
    jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am 26 and my kiddo's are son 6, daughter 3, son 7 months. I am really watching what I am eating thanks to this site! I have really cut out my bread! I am trying to get excercise in any where I can, ex. calf raises, quad squats, side standing ab crunches all while cooking supper for the kids, and we are doing the wii and Kinect! It is great getting the whole family involved and they don't let me forget since they ask 5 times a day lol I figure small steps are better than none!!! Good luck to you for getting the weight off between pregnancies or you would end up like me with alot more to get off after all the kids! We Can Do This!!!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Yes we can do it!!!! Now's the time! Glad I'm not alone :)
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Great all the support we can get it only going to help us all! Way to go on the weightloss so far!
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    im a mum to 2, my son who is 5 and my daughter is 18 months i have 38 lbs to lose as my target then see if i need to lose anymore by time i get there lol
  • LorrieM40
    Options
    Hey there. I am also the mother of 3. They are all grown now. I have a 3-year-old grandson who I care while his mom is working. I have a little over 100 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me and YES we can do this!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Wow great job! It is very hard to write that but I am glad someone understands where I am coming from! Good Luck we can do this!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Awesome we can encourage each other!!!!! Since my youngest is gonna be a year old in a few months I have to quite blaming it on kids and take responsibility so here I am!!! :)
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Good luck to you as well! I feel your pain! We can help each other!
  • runpiggyrun
    Options
    Absolutely....

I have 15, 14, 7 and 3 yr old girls, I like to run and I can do half marathon distance which is fab but my weight just creeps up. I have started to eat properly, as in 3 meals aday which can be hard as Im a MCA and work shifts at a local maternity hospital. I am making a point to eat. so hopefully byy the summer I will be 50lbs lighter. and so may we all be. x
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Great we can do it together!!! Good luck to you!!!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    I will so add you! Lots of support! We can do it!!!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Ya life can get in the way for sure especially with work and kids but we can do it!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thanks all of you moms! WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!!! Can't wait to see all of our progress together and i am looking forward to getting to know all of you and share encouragment, stories, questions and results! I know we will have our ups and downs but with support we can get this weight off!!!