Anyone know of a good recipe book

Options
I like to plan my meals in advance...to compare to the weekly food ad sales. Does any have a really good low cal recipe book with multi meal plans. Anything that focus on quick meals (40min & under) with the cals printed would be easier than sifting though my Great but *oldfashioned*-High cal. cookbooks. Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    I've been looking for one but not found one yet....would be interested to hear what anyone else has found :-)
  • WritingMyLife
    WritingMyLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Betty Crocker's Healthy New Choices cookbook is very nice with lots of option for fast and easy, but tasty, meals.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    All my recipes come from the Abs Diet book, the Eat Clean book and the South Beach diet cook book. My fav is the Abs Diet. They have another book too that is just quick recipes. They are healthy and yummy!
  • Shayla888
    Options
    Reachel Ray 30 min cook book......thats a couple different ones to choose from and there is a healthy on too....but for the others you can change things to make it better if you want and if you watch her show she even tell you that instead of whole milk use 2% or slim......half and half instead of cream.......or porks chops with bone change for boneless lean.......and so far i havent found on thats not tasty
  • smiley61
    Options
    Eating for Life features 150 delicious, nutritious, balanced recipes for Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts and more. the author is Bill Phillips who wrote Body of Life you can buy it from Amazon cheap!
  • melissaannkelley
    Options
    Try Allrecipes.com. You can find recipes based on ingredients, name, etc. It breaks down the serving and calories. You can also read review from other people and take notes on their suggestions to alter any recipe. It's a great and FREE website! And it has an App.
  • earlgreygirl09
    Options
    I really like the cookbook titled 'Cook this, not that!'. It shows how many calories and how much money you're saving by eating in. It has a lot of great ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks! I highly recommend it. See if your local library has it.
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    BBC Food (uk) is really good, I get lots of new ideals from this site
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Cooking light has great recipes..I have their books and I also go to there website.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I really like the weight watcher's cookbooks :) lately I've been doing e-mealz.com to cut down on my planning & shopping time....so far I'm loving it!
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I really like the weight watcher's cookbooks :) lately I've been doing e-mealz.com to cut down on my planning & shopping time....so far I'm loving it!

I use weight watchers books too. I think they are great - even if you aren't following their program.

C
  • moonkat1982
    Options
    Thanks everyone, off to amazon and the web to find what will fit for me. Once again I'd be lost w/o MFP:smile:
  • dougb_okc
    Options
    Check out Bill Phillp's "Eating for Life". Lots of good recipes for every meal, and snack ideas as well. I really like the turkey meatloaf : -)
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Try skinnytaste.com. Found this website through a post on mfp. Great recipes with calorie count. You can also comment on different recipes. Sort of a blog style website. Not sure about meal plans though. Hope this helps.
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like to plan my meals in advance...to compare to the weekly food ad sales. Does any have a really good low cal recipe book with multi meal plans. Anything that focus on quick meals (40min & under) with the cals printed would be easier than sifting though my Great but *oldfashioned*-High cal. cookbooks. Thanks! :happy:

Any of the Robin Miller cookbooks (she's on food network) are centered around quick fix meals and cooking a lot of stuff at once to use for another dinners later in the week. She cooks almost everything relatively healthy or easily modified to healthy. Love her!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet is a really great one. It has kept me sane through my weight loss. There is now a second one on the market.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Eating for Life features 150 delicious, nutritious, balanced recipes for Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts and more. the author is Bill Phillips who wrote Body of Life you can buy it from Amazon cheap!

I believe Bill Phillips has put all the recipes from "eating for life" on his new tranformations web site. They are free that way.
    He does have a lot of good recipes on there.
  • sydneyjames
    Options
    eatbetteramerica.com is a great website!
    For a slowcooker- Fix it and Forget it (Lightly). TONS of recipes for your crock pot.
    I also have a couple of healthy kids cookbooks since I have a daughter, but I find a lot of the food very delicious.

I have a ton of cookbooks, and I can always lighten things up. Instead of beef, use turkey. Use park-skim cheeses or just switch anything in the recipe for a low cal, or low fat option.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at the eatingwell site? www.eatingwell.com

Clean Eating is good too: http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/

They both have cookbooks.
  • diamond419
    diamond419 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would also highly recommend, "Cook This, Not That!" There are many great, healthy options... A lot of ingredients aren't really required, the meals are simple to make, and everything I've made so far has been delicious! You won't be disappointed!