Exercise

Options
Does the Wii really count for exercising??? I dont feel like ive had a workout!!!

Replies

• GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It counts for exercise but largely based on your present level of fitness. If you're already active it might not be MUCH of a workout for you :o)
  • kkyishkkii
    Options
    i think the exercise "games" for the X-box 360 Kinect is more like exercise than what is on offer with the wii
  • jlmnk1313
    jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think the wii counts if you get your heart rate up and are breathing heavy and sweating! Some things are way better than others but I agree that the xbox kinect is WAY more of a work out.
  • PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've been using my wii fit & let me tell you I feel it. I used it for over an hour last Sunday (super hula hoop, yoga, strenght training, squats, balancing exercises) & I was unbelievably sore on Monday. I was so sore I thought I might be coming down with the flu :-) and I'm in pretty good shape so it's not like it was my 1st time working out LOL
  • shauns1
    shauns1 Posts: 16
    Options
    On the Wii I find the Boxing fairly good, the just dance makes us sweat and tired, but over last couple of months I've found the Wii is not enough so joined the Gym, easier to run on a treadmill, the cross trainer is good work, and of course they run classes (free within your Gym membership)
    but I have to give the Wii credit, it got me started on trying to get a better body and put me in a good frame of mind as I lost some weight with it :)
  • PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's def better than doing nothing on the days that you can't make it to the gym.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    I regularly workout with Just Dance 2 and Zumba. I am breathing heavily and sweating like crazy. I count that as a workout. I am going to check out the Kinect later on when I save up some money because that looks awesome!