1 year to shape up...Getting that $500 from Grandma

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am 21 years old, 110 lbs and i'm trying to lose weight. you probably say '...do you need to loose weight?" yes, because I am PETITE, and 110 lbs show alot on a petite girl.

So I have a big plan coming up next December, and I need to shape up before then. I'm going to fly back to my country to visit my family who did not see me for 4 years, and I would like to show them the newer, better me. I'm born chubby and I stay chubby ever since...I want to make this the last time I "workout and eat right" before I make it a lifestyle change

And $500...so I was @120 lbs at the end of my freshman year in college...dorm lifestyle...and that was it. I decided to get back in shape and after I lost 10 lbs, my grandma made a bet that if I lose another 10, then she'll give me $500 (which would be nice for the vacation in Dec). She has not been that supportive. Once she said "I shouldn't have made that bet cause I know you would never achieve it..." that upset me so bad...long story short, many people have pull me down when I try to continue to do good thing.

So here we go, dear grandma, dear everyone that try to make me upset and call me fat...I will show you that I can get in shape. I'm not really concentrate on the lbs but I want to really tone up. 2011 will be the YEAR~

Please support me as I / WE go. We can do this. And thanks for reading my hello post.

Cindy

Replies

• Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a lot of pressure!
    I understand about the petite stuff, I'm 5'2"!
    This is a great site for support, and for achieving goals while staying healthy.... Good on you for starting on the life change!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cindy,

You CAN do it. My hope for you is that you do it for the right reasons. Try to focus on how healthy you will be and how good you will feel. I once had a family member offer me money to lose weight... you're right it hurts. That was years ago for me and I'm trying to make healthy lifestyle changes now, but it's all for me, not for the family member who wants/wanted me to succeed. The best part is, you can do it NOW. At 1 lb/week, you could have the weight off by March and then focus on toning and maintaining. Wow! Best of luck to you.