Half Marathon help!

lizzy0505
lizzy0505 Posts: 1
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone have any advice for me while training for a half marathon? I have decided to sign up for my first race in June and was wondering if anyone has found any training programs that they thought were helpful. Any input would be appreciated!

Liz

Replies

• fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    I have found the training plans on Runner's World's website are good. There are paid ones or there is this one for free:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/racing/runners-world-smartcoach/3057.html

Let me know if you need any motivation!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    www.coolrunning.com has helpful stuff, including couch to 5k. It will get you started in the right direction.
  • Im training for a half marathon in april also!
    i really recommend just running 6/7 days of the week, at least for 30 mins building up endurance.
    just focus on running at a comfortable pace for a long period of time and your speed will gradually increase with your ability
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    I used a schedule from a local training team. If you enjoy running with other people, I'd highly suggest you join one. They generally meet twice a week for group runs, and then you train separately for the other two days.

Some teams are fundraising teams like Team in Training, but there's plenty out there that just train for the race. Ususally costs about $100 for the whole program.

Personally, i'm a lone runner, but followed their schedule to a T. It really helped me achieve my goal.

I also linked up to the Facebook pages for the races that I run/ran. It can be very motivaitonal, especially when you get closer to the race date.
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    I am not a runner, so not really sure...but a lot of my supporters and blog friends do the C25K program... aka, Couch to 5K...
This discussion has been closed.