I want one!!

vsangel87
vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello fellow MFP'ers...i figure at least one of you guys can help me out with this little problem i have. I am wanting a heart rate monitor very badly now, but i'm confused as to which one i should get. I am not looking to buy one worth a million dollars...i just want one that measures my calories accurately...extra features like time, date, alarm, calorie logger would be great, too. So, anyone know a good one that's not worth over $60? Sorry for being cheap here, but i'm just a college student who doesn't quite have a life yet...at least not the one i want anyways. lol I actually found one called Mio Motiva Select on eBay, but i'm not really sure how well it works. What do you guys think?

Replies

• loisinde
    loisinde Posts: 1 Member
    I've been told that Polar makes great ones. We did buy one for our son who is training very hard and it was a little expensive but he loves it. They make a lot of different models in different price ranges but we heard that the chest strap is key for getting accurate outputs.
    Hope this helps.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    i went for one that did basic HRM and cals burned... Polar F6 i think I have, it was $99 CAD :)
    I love it! I never liked going by the workout machines or website calcs cuz I always figured they prob over estimated.
    so while I know this isn't 100% either, at least I know it's taking my body into it's number crunching! :)

There are cheaper ones, but I don't know how good they are, maybe you could check ebay for a known brand like polar or some of the others.
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    I bought mine at Walmart. I was on a budget too. It was 47.77 and it did have the chest strap. It will let you put in your age and weight and height. I'm happy with it so far!
  • I just got a Polar WearLink+ Bluetooth HRM ($75) which works with my Droid and integrates with Runkeeper/SportsTracker/Endomondo. I've only really used it with Runkeeper but having it show heart rate along with the other data it tracks from my runs is great
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    I also have a Polar, though I couldn't tell you which at this point, I've had it years. I do believe it was one made for women (for the smaller watch size, I have small wrists) and it has a chest strap. I think it's great, though, I do a lot of workouts at home and in the spring and fall run a lot outdoors so I can still track my calorie burn accurately.
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Polar...hands down...they last forever.
  • vsangel87
    I bought mine at Walmart. I was on a budget too. It was 47.77 and it did have the chest strap. It will let you put in your age and weight and height. I'm happy with it so far!

Oh, now we're talkin! lol What is it called?? I'm at the time of my life where every cent matters, so spending $50 versus $60 makes a big difference to me? God, i hate sounding cheap, but i have to be right now. I'll consider buying a Polar or even a BodyBugg once i start making at least $60,000 a year. lol
  • vsangel87
    Oh god...i may have to buy a Polar now. I keep hearing good things about it. I guess it'll be well worth it. I'll just find a cheap used one on eBay i guess...
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    I think she might have the sportline sx duo, I just bought one and I am not sure if I like it yet!! It really is a differance in calories than what I was thinking I was burning! It is way less, so I have been whinning since I have been using it!! But then again it just may be correct! I am not sure if I am going to keep it, but it was under $50 and at walmart!! Good luck, I am in the same boat as you and totaly understand the $$ part! Oh btw, it is kinda big for my wrist!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    I have a Mio and I love it!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member

Oh, now we're talkin! lol What is it called?? I'm at the time of my life where every cent matters, so spending $50 versus $60 makes a big difference to me? God, i hate sounding cheap, but i have to be right now. I'll consider buying a Polar or even a BodyBugg once i start making at least $60,000 a year. lol

I got one at Wal-Mart a few days ago, it was $28, the "Sportline S7 slim 7-function ECG Heart Rate Watch"
  • vsangel87
    Oh awesome...the Sportsline heart rate monitor has been mentioned twice already in this thread. How do you like it? Is it pretty good for the price??
This discussion has been closed.