Hello, Everyone! 99 Pounds To Lose.

Options
Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. Im on my 2nd weight loss journey and this time Im hoping to keep it off. Back in 2008 I lost an amazing 67 pounds (from 235-168)! How? Lots of exercising but my eating was so far off track that when I stopped exercising, I start gaining. Which is what happened towards the end of 2008 when I was in a car accident that left me immobile for a few months and required foot surgery that took just about a year to recover from. Now that Im more stable, I decided to get back the 'old me' and get back into my old jeans (because Im down to one pair that I can actually fit in =( right about now). My starting weight is 239, which I am completely embarassed to type but thats where Im at and my goal weight is 140. I am also 5'3 (?). So far I've been using this site for the past few days to track my food and it has been a lifesaver when I thought about overindulging then I check the nutritional facts and decided not too. I plan to do weigh-in's every Monday and this week I plan to start exercising regularly at least 3x per week and pick it up from there. Thanks everyone for your support!

Replies

• mommyfirst77
    Options
    Welcome! We are here to support you!!!!!!!!!
  • Jasmine_Moonstone
    Jasmine_Moonstone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am also new here. I started at a little higher than you. I started 2 weeks ago at 239.8lbs. I seen a picture of myself on Christmas & cringed at the way I looked. I want to loose about 60-70lbs. I am 5'5" tall, so a little taller. I am now down to 233.8! WOOT! I am very happy with my weight loss these last 2 weeks. My goal is to make it to 160-170.

Good Luck! You CAN do this!
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    take it slow.... i would start w/small goals that are easily achievable to build up motivation... ie: exercising every other day... or cutting out small items in your diets...ie: bread, sugar, pop, etc...

one thing i've noticed when i've tried to do the exercise AND food is that it's just too much of a shock to my lifestyle for me to maintain. last year, my goal was to exercise more & if i lost weight, great... so now i have exercising into my lifestyle that it's not 'abnormal'... and although i'm aware of everything i eat that isn't good... i didn't really give it 100%.

i've had this extra pounds on for almost 10 years (since i had my first daughter).. this year is MY year & I really need to figure this food thing out so that it's a LIFESTYLE change not a temporary diet. To make it work for you, I would give the following advice... it's not temporary, it's forever. and everytime i am struggling with food...i tell myself "if it was easy to lose weight, everyone would do it"..

good luck
  • shirley_1984
    Options
    Welcome and the very best of luck.... I am LOVING MFP soo much, the people on here are sooo encouraging and uber supportive...
    You can do it!
  • jessbrown1010
    Options
    I know how you feel. Im a fatty.. I will admit that now. Before I decided to do my "Life Change" I really didnt see any issues with my weight. But as a New Years resolution I decided that I needed to make changes in my life. I have lost 15 lbs so far and I have never felt better. I know that if you look at my profile it will say I only lost 1 pound but that is because I did not find this site until the other day after the weight loss has started. I started out slow with short walks and such. I am gradually adding more and more into the routine,,,I am up to walking 2 miles every other day then doing stregth training and cardio and toning on the other days.. Congrats on taking the first step to a new you!! I find this site so helpful and it is good to know that we are all here for the same reason and that is to have a healthier lifestyle and just be healthier. Feel free to add me as a friend, The more support you have the better off you are!!

Once again congratuations on taking the first step!!
  • ElsieMae
    Options
    I know what you mean , I lost 50lbs 2 yrs ago , then our mom passed and acouple months befor her our uncle , I was doing really well then when this happen I kinda forget about alot and started to eat and not exercise , but know I am ready to move forward , I want to feel better and have more energy , Our mom and uncle both had heart problems and wore diabetics , and they were both over weight , So I want to make myself better , and hopefully this will help me . :smile:
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome!
  • InMyJeans
    Options
    take it slow.... i would start w/small goals that are easily achievable to build up motivation... ie: exercising every other day... or cutting out small items in your diets...ie: bread, sugar, pop, etc...

Good tip! I went cold turkey on the soda January 3rd (well with one slip up last week...diet soda) but I haven't craved it. I've only started working out today (which was super hard). I plan to take it as slow as possible because this is the last time Im losing this weight. This is hard work. Thanks for the tips!
  • Ghyllfoot
    Options
    Good morning and welcome to MyFitnessPal - we are all on our own journey but we meeting others as we go along, I wish you all the very best
  • InMyJeans
    Options
    Thank you!